Sunday, January 17, 2016

Whirlwind Holiday Weekend Continues...






















As Promised I'm now taking you with us to Shop at SACRED HEART STUDIO Boutique and SIRENS AND SAINTS Boutique right next door in the Sister Store of RUST AND ROSES.  My Friend Katie's Creations always leave me with a Wish List in place for what I'd like to add to my Wardrobe and Accessories... strong Hints went out to The Man on what he could Wow me with for Valentine's Day or our next Anniversary coming up in early March.  *Smiles*   I was also Seriously Jonesin' for that Amazing Saints Concho Belt, alas, that is way outside of the Budget... and I rarely wear Belts anymore anyway, no Waist yet so we don't wanna accentuate those mid parts.  *Winks*

The G-Kid Force were at the Young Prince's Paternal Relatives for Saturday and Sunday... being Indulged by his Dad, his Aunt and his Paternal Gramma... so that left me Free for a Sunday 'Pick' and a quiet day to myself since The Man was glued to the TV at Home for Sunday Football.  *LOL*  He was Cranky Today so it's just as well he had his own quiet day at Home... I think he'd had Sensory Overload the day before when I was dragging him all over the City?!?  *Bwahahaha!*  The Kiddos had been on Best Behavior and got taken out as a Reward to eat at Favorite Restaurants both days by various members of his Dad's Family.  They basked in all the Attention and being Spoiled... having a whirlwind Holiday Weekend... and Tomorrow is the Big Makeover for them both and for Grandpa at my Friend's Salon.   I'll be at the Tire Shop getting a Screw out of one of my new Tires while they're all getting Made Over.  *Le Sigh*   All the Construction Zones have been Hell on Tires... this is the third time since getting all new Tires that I've ran over a Screw or Nail... Thankfully I bought the Road Hazard Warranty on the Set!  *Whew*  And what did the 'Pick' Net me Today you might ask?  You ARE Wondering aren't you?  *Winks*  Well for a Grand Total of only Twenty Bucks I got ALL THIS:




First and foremost, this Gorgeous small Persian Rug, very tight weave and Fabulous Graphics in the Design and I Believe to be a Silk Qum, which are among my absolute Favorite Weavers!  My Heart fairly stood still when I saw it rolled up, even from the reverse side I could see the Superb Quality and Desirable Design... alas, someone's Dog must have ravaged it in a couple spots where there are bite holes, but for the pittance I paid for it... I barely Care!  *LOL*




And then there was this small Belgian Doily and Vintage Clipboard... I always pick any of these up when I can get them for a Song because I Create my Fabric Art from Belgian Velvet and Silks or Tapestries and Cutter Persian Rugs... and the Vintage Clipboards are Great for Displaying Jewelry, Ephemera, unframed Art or small Fabrics.




I also got a Vintage Kings Sports Pendant... I remember when Souvenir Pendants were all the Rage and Young People Collected them like crazy!   Now for a dose of Nostalgia they still Sell quite well so if the Condition, Graphics and Colors are Good I pick them up for Resale.




And I'm sure you Noticed the Tramp Art Cross?   And the Vintage AVON Guest Soap Set in a box with Great Graphics.




The Soaps are quite Pretty too and still smell Divine.   I also got a wealth of Old Crocheted Lace and Trim for Projects... and the Bonus is, someone had already Tea Stained it ALL!  *Booyah!*




Another Great Trio 'Score' was this HUGE Ornate Gilded Frame... Large Antique Image of Christ in Gethsemane and a portable Wool Pendleton Blanket with carry system in Leather!!!




I liked the Colors of the Plaid Blanket... and the Tote Style built into it for easy carrying... it almost looks like a Fancy Handbag!  *Smiles*




There were a couple of Large Zebra Hide and Red Leather Italian Handbags that I Passed on because much of the Hair on the Hide had worn off in spots and I didn't know if that would hurt Re-Sale?   If I'm going to flip something I prefer that it doesn't have Condition Issues, especially if it's a High End Accessory.   But I did find some Pristine Leather Ladies Kid Gloves as soft as Butter!   And finally an Old Prayer Card.  And 'Scoring' ALL SEVENTEEN Pieces for only Twenty Bucks in a Flat Rate Bundle Deal... well, what can I say... it was an Epic 'Pick' and I Felt positively like the Queen of the Pickers this day getting such Quality and Quantity, but without breaking the Bank!  *Smiles*




I'll still have one more Post to take you along on... to a Favorite Antique Shop on the East Side that I rarely get over to... so be sure to come back again for the Finale' of our Weekend Adventures.

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. Wooooooow, so happy that i found you.
    Nice greetings from austria your new follower
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kunis, and Thank You for coming for a Blog Visit and becoming a new Supporter! Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Wow! You did great for $20.00! And such fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I could hardly Believe my Good Fortune either... haven't had hardly any Pickin' Budget so didn't expect to Net so much! And it's a Cheap Thrill when you get to Hunt Treasures! *Winks*... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl