Monday, December 14, 2015

The Absence Of Christmas



It is very hard this time of year for me to go over to the Old Homestead to do any Work in finalizing the clearing out of it.   The reason why... the Absence of Christmas there... it makes me too Emotional.  Almost all of the rooms are empty now and yet I can't help but recall how many Merry Christmases were spent inside those rooms with Family and Friends over our many years of occupancy!




It's rather Depressing to see any place you Love so much being entirely devoid of a Celebration you Love so much.   I almost wanted to put up an Obligatory little Christmas Tree, one last time, so the House wouldn't Feel so Sad.   I know, that sounds Crazy, a House Feeling Sad... but they can you know... Places can just sometimes FEEL Sad when the Energy there is devoid of what it should have.




Of coarse it's much better that an Empty Home Feel Sad than an Occupied one!  When the Energy of an Occupied Space Feels like it has no Positive Energy and is devoid of what it should have, well, I almost cannot stand being there for very long without wanting to Escape!   I truly Believe that having an Oppressive Energy within a Home is what can infect the Spirit of those residing there and burden them with Negative Emotional baggage.

  


When I hear folks Lamenting that they cannot wait for Christmas to be over and they're not Joking I have to Wonder if their Personal Space has become so Charged with Negative Energy and become so Toxic that it desperately NEEDS an Infusion of the Joy and Spirit Of Christmas... and not the other way around, by banishing it entirely and just waiting for it to go away and be done with!?!  It makes me so very Sad to hear anyone utter those types of Words, my Heart just Aches for them in fact and I Wish I could put my arms around them and give them more Hope and a Re-Charge of their Spirit so that it just doesn't give up, die and wither away!!!




I know that our Old Home just has that Feeling of Sadness because we are no longer there and it is Empty so there is now the Void that can only be filled with another Family moving in and Loving their New Environment.   They say that the Residual Energy we Impart in Places does have an Impact upon that Space, perhaps Indefinitely... it is Infused and Absorbed within the inanimate structure's building materials.   Which is why we should take Care to Impart only that which is Positive, Good, Loving and Memorable in only the Best of ways whenever we can!




If you've ever visited a Space or a Place where Hopelessness, Sorrow, Depression and other Negative Energies abound you don't even have to be told... at least I don't... I can FEEL it instantly without the utterance of a single Word!!!   That Energy is as palpable as a Living Thing!   But then, so is the Feeling of any place that there is filled with Hope, Joy, Faith and other Positive Energies... so I'd much rather make my very best attempt at Inviting the latter into my own Personal Spaces regardless of present Circumstance that might even be to the contrary at that given Moment in Time!!!




You see... so much of that is WITHIN and Radiates OUTWARDLY!   I once had a Regular Donor come up to my Kettle when I was ringing the Bell for the Salvation Army at Christmastime and say something that really stuck with me and hit me profoundly.   It was during a very Dark time in our Lives and yet I Chose to remain Joyful and filled with the Spirit of Christmas, because Truly I FELT it from Within regardless of what we were Dealing with Externally.   This Delightful Elderly Gentleman visited the Grocery Store almost every day during the Season I was ringing the Bell in front of it... not because he needed Groceries, but because he said I made him Feel so Good and he looked forward to my Smile and Greeting.  He was always a Generous Donor Daily to the Ministry and a Cheerful Fellow himself, though I got a Sense of Loneliness from him, but I didn't quite expect what he said to another Fellow he came with one day!




They both stopped to put their Generous Donation in the Kettle and the other Gentleman told me that I had a Lovely Countenance about me and that's probably why the Donations at my Kettle were so high every day?   The Regular Donor then said those Words that I shall never Forget, "Yes, she does... and her Husband is a very Lucky Man... because when you have a Wife like this you would KNOW that she'd be Smiling every day!"    WOW... I Choked back the Tears and had a Huge lump in my throat... I still do every time I think about his Words in fact because it Touched me so deeply! 




Because it is True you see... you CAN Smile and have Sincere Joy and a Peace that passes all Understand... even thru your Sorrows, Trials and Tribulations when you have the Joy of the Lord in your Heart... and it DOES Radiate Outwards so strongly that others can See and even Feel it too!!!   I don't have any Explanation that makes Sense as to why this is so... but I know that it is... because if Circumstances were to Dictate my Mood, well, it would usually not be so Stable, Optimistic and Sincerely Joyful for each day as it Naturally just IS!   Now that isn't to say you don't still have to Endure the Battlefield that is the Mind, but your Spirit is a Powerful Force, and if you Tap into it Daily in Faith it can overcome much more than you ever Imagined it could!




It is said that this time of the year has the highest incidents of break-ups, suicide, depression, stress, anxiety, anger and many other forms of Negativity that Infect the Human Spirit.   I find that particularly Interesting since Christ came to OVERCOME such things on our Behalf because God knew we so desperately NEEDED it and Him in our Lives!   And I Believe that the Evidence of that NEED is just Felt all the more Strongly when His Coming into this World to Live among us in the Flesh is Celebrated!!!   It is very hard after all to Celebrate something that for whatever reason is not Within us and leaves that terrible Void we Need and Want to fill... yet don't always know HOW?




We might have even had it once... and yet allowed the Issues of Life to beat us down so badly and blinded us temporarily as to Forget the Strength of the Holy Spirit Within us that has the Ability to Overcome anything and everything that the World might put us up against!    The Joy of the Lord you see is NOT dependent upon mere Circumstances or how Life might be playing out right now... those Temporal things compared to Blissful Eternity aren't even going to be able to keep us down.  Yes, they might knock us down from time to time because there are some pretty Powerful Issues of Life that can transpire... but it is our Choice whether to stay down or get back up and remain Up by Faith and KNOW that it WILL Hold!!!

  


If there is an Absence of Christmas in your Personal Space this year I Challenge you to reflect upon WHY that is?  Is the Spirit of Christmas somehow absent in your Heart and that Void has left you with an Emptiness that only He can adequately Fill?   No... you don't have to Decorate or have an Outward Show of what you Feel Within for it to be Evident to others, it will Radiate Outwardly however you Truly FEEL on the Inside regardless of the Presence or Absence of what you have surrounded yourself with.   But it is my Sincere Hope that the Presence of the Lord in your Life and the Celebration of his Birth be something that you Feel Positive about... not just Christmas Day and the time leading up to it, but EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE!  Then and only then will you have Cause to not even be able to fully Suppress that Desire to SMILE every single day!  And have THAT Countenance be Infectious to all those around you, and draw them because the Love of God has Touched them through you if even in some Small way!  And that ALWAYS FEELS GOOD!

*******

Smiles, Christmas Joy and the Presence of Christ be with you my Friends... Dawn... The Bohemian

10 comments:

  1. You post today really hit home. We have sadness this year with loss of my husband's mother and my best friend's husband. Also other worries. But we are in our new home and have so much to be thankful for. Just two days ago we drove past our old home. I think it was something we dreaded doing. But I must say we were all smiles when we saw a lighted Christmas tree in the front window along with lots of decorations outside. It gave us a warm feeling to know that this house was in good hands. Yours will be like that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a Wonderful Christmas Story that is Debby, Thank You so much for Sharing it! Indeed, when we have Loved a place so much it is Heartwarming to see it Occupied again and see any Positive improvements and Happiness residing within the walls! I am so sorry for your Losses, Grief is a Process, a difficult one, may you move through it with Grace and Strength... relying upon all of the Cherished Memories of those who have now Crossed Over! Hugs... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful Testimony Dawn. Yes there are many who are suffering with different problems and losses this Christmas Season, even in my family. I pray with you that they can turn it over to The Lord, put a true smile on their face and let God's Love radiate out thru them to others! Amen & Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the Losses within your own Family Marlynne, the Grieving Process, especially during the Holiday Season can be all the more difficult. I Lost my Dad just after Thanksgiving and I remember it being more Challenging to feel Celebratory that particular year... but we did... and I Believe Dad would have certainly wanted it that way for us so it Honored him and his Memory to just fondly Recall of the Christmases we had spent Together in previous years. Hugs... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post! I've been going through our Christmas pictures lately ... this is the time of year I really miss our old house. I absolutely love that postcard and have been trying to find one on eBay ever since I saw it in one of your previous posts! Does it happen to say on the back who the artist is?

    A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dawn! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're referring to that Beautiful Image of Christ it is an Antique Prayer Card, one of the loveliest I've Collected... the Image is from a few years ago actually so the Card is likely packed away, but if I Locate it I'll send you a PM if there's any Manufacturing Info on the back, perhaps then you could see if any come up for Auction? Yes, I Miss our Old Home a lot too... though I know the Timing was right for us to Move On... Merry Christmas... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. That was lovely and so are the pretty and colorful pictures along with it. Your old house will hopefully have a happy new family soon and then you can release it from your heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my Hope, that the Old Home becomes Cherished by another so that I can Release it with a Peace. I Suppose my Concern is that it could be razed for Development since the City it is in has no Historic Designations and doesn't much Care anymore about Old Town... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Dawn, I found your post extremely moving. I would love to share your deep Faith. It must be wonderful to have that in your life. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lesley... yes, having a Personal Relationship with the Lord has been indeed a Wonderful think to have in our Lives! I couldn't even Imagine not having it, but the Good News is that anyone CAN have it and certainly He wants it with each and every one of us. Merry Christmas... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl