Monday, October 5, 2015

Great Pumpkin Dreamin'



Yesterday the G-Kid Force asked me when are we gonna START Decorating for Halloween?!  WHAT?!???!   I already have in case you all didn't notice?!?   Apparently they are SO not used to Gramma's version of more Simplistic Style yet since I got an, "Oh, this is gonna be it then?" response and rather long faces. *Bwahahaha!!!*   I realized that for us perhaps the Less Is More Philosophy will take some getting used to as I Attempt to scale back my usual Over-The-Top Tendencies in Styling and Decor!!?   So, I did do a bit of Great Pumpkin Dreamin' Yesterday since The Force informed me that Faux Pumpkins would have to be joined by The Real Deal before Halloween!  Yes, I have to admit, I revel in The Real Deal this time of year too, especially the Heirloom Varieties of Pumpkins and Gourds, which are just Magnificent and so reasonably priced this Season!  The Man was Eyeballing that big Reddish One on the Right... in hindsight, we probably should have snagged it.




All of the Local Grocery Chains have a Magnificent array of Fresh Pumpkins and Gourds this Season, it must have been a Good year for them because the selection is far better than last year.  Of coarse a trek across the Valley to Whole Foods had me wandering isles entranced and Wishing we had one in the Far West Valley... I LOVE that Store!   How Cute was their scarified Great Pumpkin with their Logo on it?!




I was also diggin' that unusual Pumpkin in the Middle that has the raised Orange sections giving it a very Appealing three dimensional appearance.   And of coarse The G-Kid Force always like the Warty ones.  *Smiles*   Since they were Selling them for just over six bucks apiece rather than by the pound I will definitely be going back to the Grocery Chains to Score some before Halloween.  But Word Up, some of the best selection I actually found in Home Improvement Stores like Lowe's and Home Depot oddly enough!




With our temps still in the triple digits though I'm not sure I want to risk picking ours up too early, in spite of being able to get the best selection, lest they begin to rot.  Of coarse the Heirloom and Gourd Varieties sometimes Amaze me at how long they will last regardless of intense weather.  Last year some of ours lasted until Summer before they were spent and had to be discarded!!!




And of coarse I had to pick up Pumpkin Flavored EVERYTHING, because this time of year we just Crave Pumpkin and Seasonal Flavored Foods and Drinks!   I got Pecan Pumpkin Oatmeal, Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pancake Mix, Pumpkin Butter, Pumpkin Scones and Iced Pumpkin Cookies!!!   Seasonal flavored Teas and Ciders... we're all stocked up in the Pantry for an Autumn Feast of Epic proportions!




And Photographing Autumn's Harvest and Splendor is always a Special Treat, I just Love the Color Palette of this Season and everything about it, including the Glorious days that it's Cooling off, well, for us anyway... since being in the Eighties with a Breeze is considered Cool by Arizona Desert Standards after Enduring triple digits for Months already!  *Ha ha ha* 




Near Whole Foods they just opened a Container Store and I Love that place too... I was drooling over the Custom Closets.  This Elegant Ebony one with Glass and Chrome Handles was my Favorite and I brought Home the brochure for The Man and I to Daydream about installing one of these in our Master Closet one day.




But for now we're just Enjoying Simple Pleasures and getting moved in to the New Home... it's coming together bit by bit as I have a little more time devoted to unpacking and Styling this one and trying to spend less time at the Old Homestead moving out.   It's a delicate balancing act right now, but hopefully by the New Year I'll be able to exclusively concentrate on the New Home and what still needs to be done?




Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. Scaled back….LOL…really? Kids can be funny, I'm under orders from the soon to be three-year old…"No scary, Grandma!" and I promised…so we will see. Thanks Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn your new house looks so gorgeous! My grand kids are the same way - restraint in decorating for holidays does not make them happy. Good then because I'd rather go all out.

    I feel the same way about buying pumpkins this early. It might be Fall officially but my air conditioning is blasting right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is it then? That cracked me up. Who can ever figure out what kids will want, eh?

    We saw the grossest gourd at the grocery store the other day. Brown and green with warts all over ... it looked like braaaains! I didn't get it - opted for one tiny white pumpkin from Walmart for $1 instead. Minimalist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin pictures are beautiful! I know your enjoying your new home! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl