Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rust & Roses Grand Re-Opening For The Season




















After a Summer of 'Gone Pickin' to Source Fresh Inventory for the Shop, my Friend Shelly's Shop RUST AND ROSES had it's Grand Re-Opening for the Season and I was Fortunate to get there on Opening Day to behold enough Fresh Treasures to get you Junque Drunk!  I always look forward to the Re-Opening to see what Shelly has scoured the Countryside to fill the Shop with... and since it always coincides with the week of my Birthday it's Perfect Timing!  *Smiles*   In fact, I had Shelly and Friends come 'Pick' the Old Homestead recently... and it was even like a Treasure Hunt for Yours Truly since some of the Outbuildings had Treasures even I didn't know I had!!!  Yep, Treasures that had come with the Property and been encased in a Frozen Time Capsule Vaulted Tomb of sorts in buildings that hadn't seen the light of day for decades.  King Tut Tomb Raider Style we broke open the Rusty Locks and had a Field Day sorting thru it... even intense draining heat cannot put a damper on an unexplored Old Building being cracked open for the very first time to Reveal what lay inside!!!   And it was packed... so it didn't disappoint... and you'd be so Proud of me... I only kept ONE Old Door from the Mystery Stash!   See... I'm getting better and in Hoarder Recovery without an Intervention even being necessary... well... sorta.  *LMAO*   But Seriously, I WAS Proud of myself for the volume of Treasures I Let Go of... even some I didn't particularly Want to since I was still quite Enamored with them... but was gently coaxed into parting with... and it IS very Empowering and Liberating to do so.  Plus, the Grandbabies always Need new shoes, or something... right?  *Winks*

It was also so nice while I was Celebrating my Birthday in a belated fashion to be able to hit all of my Favorite Places in one day, especially those that had been closed for the long, hot Summer.  As the Seasons now switch to our Glorious Fall Fabulousness I'll be able to be out and about much more without the risk of spontaneous combustion!  *Winks*   And I'm so looking forward to more time spent Outside and on the Road Visiting Favorite Places.  Yes... it's beginning to Feel more like Fall even though we're still in the triple digits for right now and humid as the Monsoon Season winds down... but it won't be long before the Warm Hues of Autumn will be replacing the Colors of Summer in the Vignettes... in fact, it's already begun and I'm just LOVING it!!!   It means Cooler Temperatures are on the Horizon and there's nothing more Ideal than the Desert in Autumn!

*******

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian


2 comments:

  1. You have to realize, the safety of getting JUNQUE DRUNK with you…we get to see it all, experience, even the thrill…and can't buy---which is frustrating---but SAFE!. LOL. LOVE these posts, and it enables me to get JUNQUE DRUNK safely and I don't even have to drive home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Virtual Shopping is Safe which is why I so enjoy the Land of Blog where I still get to behold amazing Treasures, but don't have the Temptation before me! LOL Of coarse there is the frustrating of sometimes seeing the one thing you've been seeking in vain in your own neck of the woods only to see it on a Blog Post somewhere else and not be able to obtain it! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl