Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Maybe I Better Go Back To Unceremoniously Doing Stuff...



Okay, so I have a Confession to make.   At the Historic Old House, anytime I did anything I wasn't all that Careful.  I'd Unceremoniously slap Paint on a Wall, bang Paintings, Frames and Taxidermy up there just eyeballing it all regarding Placement, plop Crowns and Tiaras on the Heads any kinda way... and yet, it always turned out just the way I wanted it to without fuss or tweaking any of it.  It just had a knack of coming together and turning out Perfectly the first time even tho' done rather hastily and seemingly haphazardly and with Reckless Abandon in the Doing of it.




But now with the New Home I AM being Careful and Reckless Abandon has gone out the window... primarily because I want everything to be Just Right and without messing up.  I mean, it has all been Tastefully done by Professionals and I just want to put my Stamp on it all in small discreet ways.  And an extraordinary thing has happened in the Process of being OCD Careful and taking my time... apparently it has thrown me completely off my Game!   Yep, in the time it took me to Paint half of this Niche I could have Painted the entire Art Studio Cottage at the Old Homestead!   In fact, I couldn't and didn't even finish without The Young Prince stepping in to Assist me and finishing the Job since he does everything with Reckless Abandon, telling me to Calm Down, Trust him... he knew what he was doing and it would all be Okay Gramma!  *LOL*




Yes, I almost went Mental doing this one small area my Friends!   The Paint wasn't going on right, we had more melting off and running than sticking even with Primer... at first... 'til the Young Prince stepped in and just started slapping it on like I USED to Paint Walls!  *Ha ha ha*   The Frame didn't hang straight... it's still a little "Off" and skew wiffy crooked, which is driving me Crazy, so I know I'll have to fix it... but not right now... right now I'm just Happy it stayed up there with all the extra Care we took to Secure it without damaging drywall!  




And even when I got her up there... my Sweet little Antelope Dead Head... I kept fussing so with that damned Tiara that it just wasn't going on right like it used to when I just plopped it on her in the Art Studio Cottage!   It didn't look Right... it kept slipping down or off... so I kept adjusting it... and adjusting it... and adjusting it some more... 'til the OCD got so bad that I thought I might need an Intervention and a Straight Jacket to MAKE me Stop!  *Smiles*




Step AWAY from the Antelope Head a little voice in my own Head kept whispering... then shouting at me because I knew I was getting really Mental about this and yet I wasn't just STOPPING!  So I fiddled with some other stuff I was going to Style this spot with for a while just so I could stop Fixating on how I DIDN'T LIKE how her Tiara was fitting.  I mean, how did it go on so Easily at the Old Place the first time I just plopped it on her Head and look Perfect?




And so I quit trying to tilt it on her Head so that it was perched like it used to be... since clearly that wasn't working anymore anyway.   And I Adjusted the Tiara so that it would just sit on straight because that wasn't bothering me nearly so much!  *LOL*   And I thought... well... maybe I better go back to Unceremoniously doing stuff since that seemed to work out so much better for me and didn't make me Feel like doing stuff would send me into a Nervous Breakdown?  *Smiles*




I wanna have FUN in the Doing of it all... so returning to Reckless Abandon will be necessary in order for it to go back to being Fun rather than Intimidating and Stressful instead.   In order to keep my Sanity... and the Sanity of those Helping me I have to Calm Down like the Grandson said... otherwise he isn't going to want to Partner with me to get the Job done if I'm gonna be a complete Basket Case while we're Doing it!   In fact he gave me an Ultimatum already that by the time we get to the much larger Niche No. 2 that we're gonna Paint Black... and over Hardwood Floors rather than Tuscan Tile ta boot... I REALLY NEED to be much Calmer and Trust that it will all turn out Okay and quit Obsessing or I'll drive him into going Mental in the Process and we'll need the Group Family Discount at the Institution they'll be sending us to! *LOL*




Yes, it's True, in the Process of Assisting me to Paint Niche No. 1 he was up a ladder with me hovering around it like a Recon helicopter Scouting for any little mistake or flaw that was like a glaring beacon to me... and to nobody else of coarse!  *Ha ha ha*   "It doesn't really matter if it's not Perfect Gramma..." he kept trying to convince me... "We can do it over or touch it up if we mess up... really... so quit having a Heart Attack about it already!!!"    I knew the Kid was right and I'd gone completely around the bend and descended into utter Madness about the Painting of a Niche... and the hanging of a Frame... and a Dead Head's Tiara Placement.   He's Right... Calm Down before they're coming to take me away Ha Ha, they're coming to take me away Ho Ho He He Ha Ha to the Funny Farm where life is Beautiful all the time, and I'll be Happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats...   {Winks... betcha you got those Lyrics looping in your Head right now dontcha???!!  Smiles}




And really it DID turn out Alright in the end... just like The Grandson had said it would... and yet, I wouldn't want to do it again if I was Doing it in the manner by which I Changed how I do it... that was entirely too much of an Ordeal my Friends and not so Fun at all!    So... we'll go back to Unceremoniously doing stuff... and not being all that Careful... and just Trusting myself... and those who are my Assistants... and become much more Laid Back about it all again so that The Process isn't Hindered by Madness creeping in and making me Doubt myself and how it's turning out.




Like my Art if I Overthink it then it just doesn't Evolve Naturally and Organically in a way that just always works best and Creates something Beautiful and yet seemingly Effortlessly.    Over Thought Out Creating just looks Contrived and certainly isn't my Usual way of Doing anything... and I realized that is exactly what I had begun to do here at the New Home... so that everything would be Just So... and it was making me Crazy because it just wasn't cooperating doing it that way and didn't Look Right because it was starting to be Forced... to be Contrived... or Staged... rather than just Created in a way that was both Joyful and Pleasing to the Eye because it had been done Joyfully and without taking oneself too Seriously in The Process.




So... now that we're back to slapping on Paint, banging on Paintings or Art with just eyeballing the Placement, plopping on Tiaras, Santos Crowns and Funky Hats... well, it's Transforming so much better and Effortlessly again... and it's just Looking Right now that I'm so much more Relaxed about it and not taking it SO DAMNED SERIOUSLY!!!!!   *Smiles*




Back to tossing, plopping, and Reckless Abandon with the Placement and Styling of our Home is now having it turn out so much better... and I completely UNDID some of the things that had been done in that Forced, Strained Contrived State of Madness... which Thank God was only Temporary and I snapped out of before it was too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   *Winks*   And The Young Prince joked that now we're back to Abnormally our Normal we won't be Suffering from Insanity... we'll be Enjoying every Minute of it!   Sometimes that Kid says the most Profound things... and he's so spot on Right! 




Back to Enjoying every Minute of my Insanity... Dawn... The Bohemian

12 comments:

  1. The black paint is the perfect addition to making a standout display! Glad you got over the being too careful and back to your carefree style of joyful abandonment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Encouragement Marlynne... you are absolutely right... it is just not my Style to attempt Perfection anyway... I have always Celebrated Imperfection... why change now? *winks* Blessings Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. I love the black niche! I think it's hard to be reckless because we're now faced with all this pristine newness, Dawn! I feel exactly the same way. I just finally got around to staining the last of the woodwork this past week - that's almost a year since we've been in here! Maybe we just need one big spill of paint to make it all a little less pristine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... yep, I think you are absolutely right! Sweet Antelope solved the problem for me by leaping off the Wall when a door slammed... there... that will Teach me not to be so OCD about how she looked! *ha ha ha* After grieving the damage I had to find levity in the mishap and now I realize stuff will happen and the Pristine Newness is so NOT me or my Style that I shouldn't try to preserve it anyway... allow the Home to Evolve and Transform as it will... that is what gives it Character and History, right? I'll have to come over and see your stained woodwork now and the progress of your New Attic... *winks* Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Too funny, I totally understand the creative process---and when it doesn't flow I call it
    'Creative Constipation'. Same goes for writing, if you think about it too much, it simply coagulates in your brain and you might as well be trying to chisel words in stone. Great post and perhaps the antelope is also tired of things being 'just so'. She needs an unbalanced-boa to counteract all that wonderful black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creative Constipation, LOVE that phrase! LOL And yes, Antelope must have decided 'Just So' and Pristine was ridiculous because she decided to bounce off the damned wall yesterday and now she has a crimped ear and horns that need E-6000 Surgical Restoration! *Ha ha ha* I can laugh about it now, yesterday I was Mortified! Forgot, coming from a 100+ year old home with walls 14-16 inches thick that new homes have vibrations when Children slam doors! *Ooooppss and an Uh Oh..."... I've have to secure things to the Walls more firmly because it's not as if I will be able to convince the Kiddos and their Friends not to slam doors... especially when the doors are spring loaded to close by themselves, right? *Winks*... Thanks for being in total agreement with me about
      how the Creative Process needs the right flow... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. I think that arch is fabulous! You have to remember that those of us who see your creations and your home do not notice the tiny imperfections which you only see because of the process of creating them. The overall effect is wonder! Relax, put your feet up and enjoy the summer. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnn for the Sweet Words... I am putting the Old Feet up and Relaxing now... well... just a little... still so much to do at the Old Homestead and the New Home... it's whipping me into Shape tho'... I should soon have my Girlish Figure back!? *LOL* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Reckless Abandon is good! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Good... so Glad to be back to my Normal... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog & feel like I've come into the middle of the story so I've spent over an hour reading some of your older posts to catch up a little. Your story & your writing style have drawn me in & I plan to go further back & read some more when I can. I thought I saw a place to subscribe to your blog but when I went to do it I didn't see one. I hope I'm wrong & it is possible to subscribe. If not I hope you will consider adding email subscriptions. I know you have an incredible number of things & people to take care of, I hate to ask you to do anything extra but I know I will keep reading & that would help a lot. Either way I will keep reading & sending good thought your way & hope for less stress & hope you are able to get your house cleared & ready to sell. Thanks for (hopefully) considering this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Deb... Thank You for your flattering Comments and I'm so Happy you have come for a visit and Enjoyed my Blog as much as I Enjoy Creating it. This Blog Community is such a Wonderful place to spend time and I've met so many Great People and New Friends here. You can add yourself to the Blog Follower List on my sidebar and become a Blog Supporter, that is how I find all of my Favorite Blogs and stay Connected to the Bloggers who I want to Visit often and Share with Friends. If you decide to start a Blog you can also add any other Blogs to your list of Favorites on your sidebar, you can find all of the ones I thoroughly Enjoy to the far Right and can click on the link to take you over to Visit those Wonderful Blogs you might Enjoy as much as I do. Hope to see you come by for a Bloggy Visit Often! Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl