Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Sweet Salvage ~ Summer Luvin' ~ The Finale'



Yes, I know the Event was a Wrap on Sunday... and I'm way behind in finishing up my Series of taking you along Virtually with us.   But with various Appointments and packing for the Move I've been way behind in everything and anything else lately it seems.   I'm still plodding along in boxing up mostly Smalls we'll be taking with us... I think this is going to take more time than I anticipated. And though the keys were Promised to us this Friday, it might not happen until after the Weekend... so that we can begin moving things over and emptying out this Old House.  But, at least we were able to Cancel the Adoptions Home Study at this Old House, which seemed absolutely pointless since we are moving so soon.  And re-scheduled it to only doing a Home Study on the New Home once we get moved in... which they would have had to do anyway... so this Saved Time, Resources, added Anxiety and Do-Overs... which I'm so Grateful for!  *Whew!*   This Old House is in such Chaos right now anyway, it would have been the worst possible time to try to do an Adoption Home Study EVER!  *LOL*
 
 


And I Believe that the G-Kid Force will be more Receptive and at Ease in their New Home showing it off to the Adoptions Caseworker and doing whatever it is she needs from them... or from us... to complete their Requirements?   The Anxiety of the Move is finally setting in for us all I think... it's getting so close... so to have to Deal with anything else right now is difficult for any of us.   Princess T has been a diligent Packer of her possessions... I've been very Scattered since I'm juggling too many things that cannot be avoided at once so I've got way too many balls in the air... and the Guys, well, they're Guys, what else can I say about that?  *Winks*  But remembering to be In The Moment has helped me tremendously to Cope with each thing each day that has to be done.
 
 



With the 4th of July coming up so soon I was very glad to see some Patriotic Displays at the Event... since we'll be in the midst of a Move I doubt I'll be Decorating for this Holiday very much, if at all... so it's nice to Behold it somewhere!  *Smiles*   My Showrooms are bulging, but not with very much Red or Blue... though there is a fair amount of White going out the door and into Inventory.  Yes, I'm going much Darker at the New Home, which is my Personal Preference anyway.  But this Old House was Ideal for Romantic Prairie Style Decorating and I couldn't help adding those Elements in several rooms because it just Fit so well with the Turn of the Century Rural Architecture and Styling of this Historic Homestead.  After all... in it's Era, this Property was part of a Large Working Ranch out in the middle of nowhere once upon a time. 
 
 



I'm having a bit of non-buyer remorse about having to pass on some items from this Show, due to the Move and strained Budget.   I would have Loved to have picked up several other Carnival Kitsch Smalls from my Friends Lesley and Mike's Space.   Especially the Tin Carnival Midway Game Pieces like this Lone Ranger Style Cowboy... an Organ Grinder Monkey... and a Freaky looking Clown.
 
 



Princess T whoeheartedly was in Agreement with me that having one of our rooms at the New House Styled like a Vintage Carnival and Cabinet of Curiosities combined would be beyond Awesome for a Den to Retreat to with a Fun Vibe that would just make everyone Feel Good to be around.  I did overhear many Shopper comments saying how much Fun being in this Vignette Space was for them and I think it was unanimous that it's Playful and Interesting to Showcase such a Collection as this.
 
 


As you looked at everyone entering the Space you just noticed how they Lit Up and how it brought Smiles to their faces.   Who wouldn't want a room at the house that brought that kind of Enchantment and Joy?   So, I'm very Seriously considering it and I Thank my Talented Friends Lesley and Mike for the abundant Inspiration.   Now... if only I could talk them into coming over and Styling THAT room for us!??!?    Yeah, whatever didn't Sell at the Show from this Space... just back up the truck and drop it off... and Walla... Instant Carnival Styled Room!   *Bwahahahahaha!!!*
 
 



But Seriously, when I get some coin that I can indulge that Style with... I Hope they have some of those Treasures left because I think I NEED them!   Hopefully not too many other Quirky Souls felt like they Needed Organ Grinder Monkey Head, Freaky Clown Head and Lone Ranger Cowboy Head Signage in the Den of their Homes too???!??!??!  I mean, what are the odds, right?  *Smiles*
 
 

 
 
Yeah, what are the odds?  I think some Souls would have Nightmares if this was gazing at them with that toothless Grin!??!   Clowns being particularly the Scariest and all for many folks.  Yes, our Demented Circus Style would definitely not Appeal to everyone's Aesthetic, that's for sure!!!   *Bwahahahahahaha!!!*
 
 


The Young Prince spent most of his time at the Event attempting to avoid the rest of us and particularly stay out of Frame of Gramma's Pathological Picture Taking, since he's in that Phase of not wanting to be around Family very much, if at all.  You'd think the Images would take his Soul away or something the way he avoids and dodges the Camera now.   He used to be such a Hambone as a little Kid, now he barely Tolerates being Photographed.  Ohhh, the Angst that gives Gramma Dawn... so I have to resort to Sniper Shots of him when I think he's not aware I'm there honing in on him like some Wild Animal Photographer sneaking up on the elusive skittish subjects they want to Photograph on the Serengeti!   Or the Paparazzi trying to Photograph a Celebrity!  *Winks*
 
 



I STILL want and think I Need those Carnival Game Wheels as well... all three of them if I could manage it later on sometime... for that Carnival Game Room Project I now have an Obsession about!  *Ha ha ha*
 
 



There were loads of Exterior Elements in the Courtyard for Styling your Outdoor Spaces Beautifully.
 
 



The Man and I are also Eyeballing a lot of Vintage Industrial Style Pieces for Ideas and Inspiration... don't know yet if we'll Buy some later or have them Fabricated by our Talented Friends that do Fabrication, so that we can get exactly the dimensions we want and need... we'll have to wait and see.
Anything with a Galvanized Tabletop and Recycled Vintage or Antique Lumber is very Appealing to us right now.
 
 


And I REALLY J'Adored this Old Truck Door... just the right Color... Black... and with a Local Vibe... this would have been Ideal... will have to see if my Friend Nancy flipped it or not?
 
 


The Man had pointed out these Enormous Old Arched Wooden Doors with the Equestrian Knockers... way too Grandoise in Size... but way Cool!
 
 


You can see the Grandoise Scale of those Doors to the Right of Princess T in this Image... Massive!
 
 



But even though I wasn't on a Buyer's Mission this Event, I sure did Enjoy Photographing all of the Wonderful Inventory and how it was so Beautifully Styled for Summer Luvin'!!!
 
 



And some very Cute Ideas... like hanging Canning Jars with Battery Operated Fairy Lights in them for Outdoor Evening Entertaining would be Magical and really set a Mood during a Summer Celebration wouldn't it?
 
 



And there were plenty of Summery Wardrobe and Accessories in the Boutique...
 
 



The Man and I particularly liked a Vintage Industrial hanging Chandie in this Vignette...
 
 



So we came in for a closer look... yes, this would be a Style for the New Home we'd like to have as Ambient Lighting over a Table... perhaps over my Creation Station Vintage Industrial Table for the Art Studio to further Illuminate whatever it is we're busy Creating?
 
 

 
 
I know that once I've Sold Off a bunch of what isn't moving with us... I'll use it to Fund a Buying Spree for the New Home's Decor.   So I'm Searching in Earnest for Potential Treasure Styles I'll want to look for on the Thrill of the Hunt when that time comes.
 
 


I have a bunch of little Vintage Prairie Style Cabinets similar to this that I'm rather Conflicted on whether or not to Keep or Sell Off?   Haven't quite made up my Mind yet since Storage always comes in handy and some Chippy White {so long as it's not too much of it} does go with Black and Galvanized Industrial Tin Furnishings after all!   *Smiles*
 
 

 
 
Some Inspiration Pieces were just Awesomeness on a Grandoise Scale that you'd have to possess that Special Space it would Work... but if it did... well, it would definitely draw Attention and be a Focal Point of the Space, that's for sure!   This Bouy Raft and Industrial Light Fixture for example... yowsa!  I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before so it definitely caught my Attention!!!
 

 
 
Well, I do Hope you will have a Happy 4th of July Celebration my Friends?   I'll be Sharing more of the Images I took at the Event and will intersperse them in Future Post Topics now at a later date... inbetween the packing of Boxes and Boxes and even more Boxes... *Winks*
 
*******
 
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian


4 comments:

  1. I always love the way you take us along on your adventures. And looks like I need to read backwards again to catch up - you are moving! I know how hard that can be, packing and sorting. Wishing you and your beautiful family all the best in the move and look forward to reading tales of your new home. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I already know that during the Transformation I'll be doing Coverage on the Process as we go... so excited... but yeah, SO much Work to do... forgot how much Work a big Move actually is... even tho' I lived a Nomadic Lifestyle most of my Life we have been settled here longer than anywhere else ever, so natch I have amassed a Hoard of Lovelies to now cull and transport either to the new Home or out the door! *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Been thinking about you all day! Wondering if you had the key in your little hot hand? this weekend huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES... just before I left for Work Tonight we got the keys and got invited by the New Neighbor next door to a Pool Party and Community Bar-B-Que at her house Tomorrow afternoon!!! Color me Happy! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl