Thursday, March 19, 2015

Incense And Peppermints...



Well, in all actuality it's more like Incense and Pepto-Bismol around here lately... but you get the gist.   Trying to live in a state of feigned Normalcy whilst feeling like crapola.   Wandering aimlessly around the Main House and my Art Studio Cottage like a Lost Soul since I can't stray far from the facilities without total Panic Moments setting in... so my Range has been severely restricted and narrowed.




Now, I could putz around for hours with a semblance of Contentment were it not for the fact that one of my Favorite Monthly Occasional Sale Events is upon us and I ain't feeling 100% for it!  I've almost never missed one and look forward to Escape for my one day of complete Freedom I take every 3rd Thursday of each Month.




This Month is dicey whether or not I can make the trek into the City or not?  I've decided to wait until the eleventh hour to decide one way or another whether to depending upon how I feel?  So it's all so up in the air and I don't like that not one little bit.   I don't even know what is wrong with me since nobody around me is succumbing, so it just seems to be me and at least I'm not doing a Typhoid Mary sorta thing around here, which is a relief.  If we were all scrambling to monopolize the limited facilities... well... it would not be good.  *LOL* 




I think I have Pepto-Bismol oozing out of my pores now since that distinctive chalky smell seems to be scenting every room I'm in!   Has it soothed my stomach upset, nausea and urgency to go... not really as much as I'd Hoped that it would.  I didn't realize how few over-the-counter remedies actually exist for such things and even that disgusting vivid Pink hue makes me Nauseous actually!  *LOL*   There is actually a Vendor Selling Early American Primitives that painted her Showroom that Color... which made no sense at all to me... Pepto-Bismol Pink walls and Early American Primitives as decor is just beyond bizarre!   But who am I to judge?!?  *Smiles*




I really was looking forward to my Girl's Day Out this Month too.  *Sob*  So... if I don't get to go I'll be more than highly disappointed even tho' The Son and his Beloved are Promising me a Special Day Out on Saturday if I can recover by then?  Let's Hope so... I'm tired of this already five days into it and not being able to eat without dire consequences.   And pacing around like a Caged Tiger in between Mad dashes.




I always try to see a Silver Lining even to any Dark Cloud and so I contemplated how much weight I might actually lose while I'm this dreadfully ill and unable to keep anything inside me?   Not that I want this to be the preferred method... but when you're as overweight and seemingly unable to successfully lose it as I am you'll take whatever you get that helps you propel towards Goal.  Now, if I don't lose a single pound, well, there's just no Hope for my Diet and Exercise Plans that aren't nearly as brutal as this has been!  *Smiles*




At first I thought I might have had Food Poisoning... that was on Saturday Afternoon of Day No. One... we won't go into the details of why that came to mind... because now I'm not so sure it was anyway?  Whatever was trying to Poison me would have been long gone out of my System by Saturday Night anyway... that's for sure... and this just seems to be going and going and going regardless of eating even the most clearly non-poisonous or spoiled foods!  *Smiles*




So it left me with a complete Mystery as to what is ravaging my body?   And Crazy enough, my blood sugar readings have been the most 'Normal' they've been all year whilst I've suffered thru this... and felt near Death... go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!  Of coarse with the Addams Family Type Dark Twisted Humor our Family has one of the G-Kids quipped that perhaps a 'Cure' for the Diabetes will be to just stay deathly Sick with something else all the time??!?!   *Yeah, it was kinda funny, I have to admit.*




And I guess while I Soldier thru this I'll just try not to think about what it's interrupting that I had Intended to do... and just continue to Wander around like a Lost Soul and at least take Images of what I am around.   Even tho' I may not be able to Cover what I really would rather be Photographing and doing... it's a small consolation to find some Positive things I CAN manage right now.




Yep... tho' it's not quite Incense and Peppermints... but Incense and Pepto-Bismol, I guess one out of two ain't too bad?   And after careful scrutiny it looks like these guys could actually be hanging out with me here at Bohemian Valhalla huh?  *Bwahahahaha*    This DOES look like our Home... and my Wardrobe... well, actually like just about every Home or Space I've ever Decorated anyway and every Closet's contents I've ever had!  *Winks*   But it does make for a comfy and relaxed place to Crash and most especially when you're not feeling 100%.




And I know I'm totally biased, but weren't the Graphics just Great from our Era?!!!!??!  Seriously, you just can't get this Impact from a CD Case or downloaded Tunes my Friends!!!   I just regret not keeping more of my Fav LP Cover Graphics and even recently Selling Off some that in hindsight should have just remained and been Framed or something as the Art they are!  Ah well, perhaps I'll just replace the missing ones some day in the Thrill Of The Hunt... give me yet another Mission Statement while Hunting and Gathering... *Winks*




Blessings from my Sickbed in the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

7 comments:

  1. So sorry U R feeling rotten. U still can write, which is one thing i can't do while feeling under the weather.
    I had to laugh about the Pepto-Bismol. With its pink trim, I tell people to look for the house that looks like Pepto-Bismol and Milk of Magnesia. Hard to forget, right? Built by a guy from Florida way far from Florida.
    Looking at your photos is like sinking deep into a Kaffe Fassett fantasy. Can't live with it, but sure love to look at his pictures. And yours. Feel better soon. (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LUV Kaffe Fassett's Colorful Style! Naturally! *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Perfect picture to go with your "from my sickbed" comment! Hope you are well immediately so you can take part in the things you Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even from your sick bed you write with such life, and wit! I really love those old psychedelic album covers. Peacock chairs and Nehru collars! And that song - now who but you (and me) would remember that? I hope you feel better soon. I hate to mention this ..... but have you had your gall bladder checked? Your symptoms could be caused by it not functioning correctly, a blood test will tell all. Hope you make it to your wondrous market. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the 2nd person to tell me to have the gall bladder checked so I think that might be a suggestion I can make to the Doc... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. Oh great - what do they call that when you get a song stuck in your head? An earworm or something? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... yeah, so many songs from that Era do that to me... but it's not such a bad thing... it's when a song I HATE or annoys me gets stuck in my head and loops that it can drive me a bit crazy@! There is a Commercial with a Children's Narwhale's Song that does that and tho' it's Cute, if it loops in the Psyche it is hard to unstick! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl