Saturday, February 7, 2015

Family Time And Celebrations



My Younger Brother is in Town this Weekend from Cali to do Press for the Renaissance Festival.  His Birthday was Friday, so we plan to Celebrate and get together after he's done with his Photography Coverage of the Event and can mix some Pleasure with Business.




He's been battling some serious health issues for quite a long time and so making it to another Birthday is kinda a Big Deal, and due to the health complications he isn't able to do as much Work or Travel to Arizona as much as he used to be able to so I really Miss him a lot.




Princess T helped me get the House, Studio and Showrooms tidied up since I like for things to be not so wrecked when I want to spend more Family Time without the distractions of housekeeping and foofing the Retail Spaces getting in the way.




I want my Brother to be able to see any Improvements we've made since his last Visit, mostly to my Art Studio Space and moving from a Small Booth at our Antique Mall to the larger two Showrooms as I Expanded the Vision.




Sometimes it's easy to Forget how much you've managed to Accomplish in a relatively short period of time and in spite of lots of Personal Crisis and Drama playing out simultaneously.  I'm always so Focused on what I still have left to do that it's not until I'm reminded of what got Done that I realize just how much Progress HAS been made!




I know my Brother will Appreciate the Accomplishments and Progress I've made since his last Visit to Arizona and he's fully aware of all we've been up against in the interim.  Being able to Celebrate Together all of what each of us has Conquered is always Special, I just Wish we could do it more often. 




It's a Special Valentine's Gift to me to be able to spend Quality Family Time with even more of the Extended Family.   A Belated Birthday Celebration for my Brother... an Early Valentine's Day Celebration... and a Birthday Celebration for The Man, whose Birthday will be on the 18th, will be compiled while my Brother is here... so it's a lot to Celebrate and takes our Minds off of the Trials and Tribulations we've all been up against.




So... here's to Celebrations my Friends... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to stop a moment and take a long look at our accomplishments and breathe them in. You did good!

    I am sure you will have a wonderful time with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely that stopping and being Still enough to breathe in what has been done is good for the Soul and can give one a feeling of Accomplishment. Thanks for stopping by for a Bloggy visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I get so caught up in what still needs to be done, I too forget how much I've actually finished. It's good to take some time off with your family and enjoy everything you've accomplished! And not without a million other things clamoring for your time as well, Dawn. I think you're amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Times! How did you make that neat Heart Pancake?

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl