Sunday, January 11, 2015

Ten Items A Day

 
 
 
There's just something about the Number Ten that is recurring with me at the Start of this New Year when it comes to Resolution Making.   I don't know a lot about Numerology, but there must be something significant about certain Numbers randomly cropping up like that I thought?  I had set a Goal of limiting and Editing my Images to around Ten per Post here in the Land of Blog.   And I also set a Goal of Ten Items a Day being either Donated or Priced and put into Inventory from Bohemian Valhalla.  I didn't even know WHY the Number Ten just came to me about setting both Goals with that particular Number in Mind and therefore I was Intrigued and Wondered Why?
 
 


So I decided to Google the meaning and vibration of Number 10 and it was quite Enlightening!
 
 
NUMBER 10

The number 10/1 brings all sorts of new changes into your life, and there seems to be an element of luck within those energies. Through this vibration you have the insight to recognize and understand the needs of humanity, and the ability to bring peace and harmony to all.

Number 10 resonates with the vibrations and energies of leadership, optimism, confidence, independence, creative powers, success, energy, originality, adaptability, determination and individuality.

The number TEN reduces to the single digit of 1. The 0 appearing with the number 1 amplifies and magnifies the vibrations, energies and attributes of the numbers it appears with.

Leadership, confidence, optimism, energy, independence, creative power and every, success, original, adaptable, individualisation, determination.


Wow!  I like that randomly being the significance of why that particular Number resonated with me for the start of 2015, it sounds quite Promising!
 




So... Princess T and I have set out to accomplish the Ten Items a Day Goal and we're right on Track.  I'm glad I had a willing Volunteer to Assist, since Pricing and Logging Inventory is probably one of my least Favorite parts of Selling in an Antique Mall, just because it's so darned Time consuming!  I'm a Creative Being... not a Bookkeeping and Paperwork Being, it's just not my 'Thing' so I almost always get behind with it and procrastinate... thus the Resolution NOT to, but in small increments I can stick with.   The Gathering of the Ten Items to Let Go of has been effortless and painless so far, mostly because I raided my Stashes of Future Project Treasures that have languished and really need to just be someone else's Supplies for Future Projects.  *Winks*   The accumulation of such things for us Artsy Creative Types can really get out of hand otherwise because we see Potential and Art in damn near everything and anything!   So such things as a slew of Half Globes, some already made into Hanging Lamps and others awaiting unknown Future Projects were Showroom Bound.
 
 



As well as a slew of Pastel and Shabby Inventory that my Customers still totally dig and so whatever is Selling well... well... I've decided that for now anyway, I'll forego Transforming the Showrooms into Full On My Style and just keep filling it with Inventory that will Turn fast Profits and move out that door well.  Rather than taking risks right now to go 'Eclectic Dark Dawn' and just ensure Pleasing myself with whatever I want to see in there and Hope that everyone else digs it and wants it to Feather their Nests with... I'm sticking with a Sure Thing for a while and build up that Vacay Fund we've set as an Incentive Goal for this little Hobby of mine to pay for.   *Smiles*
 




I wasn't really Sure at first that I'd be Okay with that because I have been really aching to have my Retail Spaces reflect My Style more Authentically than they have been for the past three years.   Some days I don't like my Spaces so much because it's what other people are totally diggin' and buying up... but since the Point is supposed to be Vending and not just scratching my itch... I decided I'd be Okay with it for now and set a Future Goal of undetermined deadline to go Full On Me later on.  Just knowing that I won't always have to Compromise my Aesthetic to make Bank and ease into it gives me a Peace about waiting on it.   Also, My Style is harder to Source Locally and I'm rather Lazy about filling Inventory Quotas without having to make extravagant Road Trips to do so.  Not that I don't wanna Travel extensively and go Pickin all over the place, but it's not possible to do it for a Living and my Spaces are just my Hobby, so I can't Justify huge Budgets to buy Product.  So for now both Showrooms have a bit of Funky, Weird and Wonderful... but mostly other stuff I like and can easily Source, but probably wouldn't furnish Bohemian Valhalla with in totality anyway. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Man put it in Perspective when he Suggested I still buy up what I J'Adore, get at a Bargain and don't wanna part with just yet, because when I do go Full On Me, then I'll have a healthy Stash to pull Inventory from then.   Okay, I CAN DO THAT, "No Sweat G.I." as my Mom used to say!  *LOL*  So I quickly scooped up this Magnificent Needlepoint Antique Chair for under Thirty Bucks... not because I NEED another Orphaned Fabulous Chair, but it's part of THAT Future Plan mentioned above so Fab Chair Stashing continues.   Some have even rotated and made their way Showroom bound too and will continue to as Showroom Space permits and I need to make Space around here!  *Smiles*   I just gave The Son and his Family a Fabu Set of Carved and Inlaid Antique Chairs with the original Cut Belgian Velvet Upholstery... and in Trade he and one of his Buddies helped me with the 'near the ceiling' Showroom foofing that freaks me out since I have Vertigo.  They made it look so easy and not so Life Threatening anyway, so they might as well risk their Lives doing Circus Acrobatics way up a ladder, I sweat bullets and totally freak out when I have to!
 
 
 




The Son also felt that the Eclectic Mix that I currently have in both Showrooms probably better Serves my Clientele than going Full On Me might in this particular demographic anyway, his Childhood Buddy agreed, they know me Well, all their Lives in fact.  They know what a Weirdo I am.   He feels that if I lived in the Haight-Ashbury District or Transylvania it would be another Story and I could do my own Thing with reckless abandon and have plenty of Customers from those demographics snapping up that kinda Inventory I'd RATHER carry.  *Bwahahahaha!!!*
 
 



And after all, The Thrill Of The Hunt is just as Alluring even if you're not buying everything you'd Keep for yourself but figure other folks would buy, right?    And The Son made another Valid Point, if I ONLY bought up what I am deeply Passionate and GaGa about, then I'd have Trouble parting with it and the Hoard around here would just be worse until it could be pried loose from me and forcibly be made to go Showroom Bound!   *LOL*   Yeah, I'm not quite there yet am I when it comes to filling up the Showrooms with the Found Treasures I either don't already have one of or don't wanna have to part with just yet... but I'm GETTING THERE, I Promise I am, but it's an Evolution of sorts and I'm certainly still a Work In Progress heading in that Direction.
 
 



And since I've been so Mad Busy just doing what absolutely has to get done I haven't spent Time yet in the Art Studio Cottage Creating like I need and want to just yet either.  But I'm Okay with that so long as I can Source Great Product that is already Created by someone else... like this Awesome Cute Vintage Fabrics Child's Backpack.   I'm always on the Lookout for Awesome Hand-Made Objects to fill the Showrooms with until I can begin the Creative Process Full Force again and fill them up with my own Creations too, because Hand-Made and OOAK Sells well.
 
 



 
So do Spiritual Items so I never pass them up either and have a huge Hoard of them Stashed at Home to gleen Inventory from even if I don't have access to Sourcing them as often as I'd like to.   So... Ten Items a Day... that's The Plan... and so far, The Plan is on Track!   How about YOU my Friends, have you been on Track with your Resolutions or have you Derailed already?
 
*******
 
Much Luck to you on Resolution Keeping for 2015... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

1 comment:

  1. Fascinating #10 info. Like the idea of using shop income for Vacation Fund too!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl