Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Finding A Peaceful Place

 
 
**WARNING: I'm going Long in the Storyline Today... but will keep Images Edited to Meet my Goal!**
 
 
Sometimes you just have to find that Peaceful Place within yourself in which to Reside while things outside of yourself are too hectic or too much.   So I have Retreated there, within myself, to my Peaceful Place for a while... to stay Calm and Centered... while external forces are not Ideal.  And this is my Story for Today of why...
 
*******
 
Family Court went very well this Morning, they might even FINALLY get my Grand-Daughter's Surname correct now... maybe!?!  I mean, it's only been almost ten years that the file has had the wrong name for her... a name she's never had... and I've been trying in vain to get Corrected and right!!!  And since all Agency and Court Docs are filed under the youngest Child's Surname, and that has been wrong, often creating a file they can't find in their System, since the person Named on their docs never existed... well, it's something I wanted to be Correct when the Final Adoption is finally achieved!   I think every single person in both Courts now has a copy of her Birth Certificate to Prove her name always has been what it is and not the one they have of Record!!! *Smiles* 
 
*******
 
But, I digress... the Hearing went well and that was certainly a Relief.  Everyone showed up this time so this Phase of the Process didn't have to be Continued for any 'No Shows' that were required to be there.  *Whew!*   And even though I wasn't Thrilled to hear that The Process will be Extending thru at least June now, so I know we've still got about half a year to continue to Deal with it all... I am just Emotionally finally at the Acceptance Phase that it will just take as long as it takes.  
 
 
 
 
 I also found out who the Mysterious Caseworker Woman was that had called and talked to The Man in my absence the other day, and which Agency she represented, since she was present Today and Clarified it all.  Thankfully it turned out not to be such an inconvenient Big Deal as The Man had Imagined it could be and she wasn't yet another New Person Assigned to our Case.  *Whew!*  We can even forego an unscheduled Home Visit now and do everything by Conference Call instead!   Color me Happy about that since the house is still in disarray and we can fit a Phone Call in much easier than a Home Visit with our Crazy Schedules.  *Smiles*
 
*******
 
So... with everything going rather smoothly Today and no Crisis unfolding I should have guessed that Something unexpected would come up or happen.    I was just too lulled into thinking it would be a Swell Day all around... Dangerous being lulled like that, you let your Guard down!  *Wince!*  
 
*******
 
Both Kiddos were kept Home from School... Princess T because of my Downtown Court Appearance interfering with picking her up on time since Wednesdays are short days at School.  Prince R because he was feeling Sick to his Stomach and had a Migraine, probably caused by Anxiety from knowing Gramma had to go to Family Court again about the Adoption, he wants and is ready for it to be over with already like Yesterday... as do we all!   But everyone was settled in together and able to Sleep In if they wanted to, well, except me, I had to be rolled out early for an A.M. Court Docket even tho' I'd worked my Shift last Night, so I was fairly bleary eyed.   I kept calling Home when I could to ensure everything was Okay in my absence.   There was no Trouble playing out in Paradise which is Splendid and Rare!  *Whew!* 
 
 
 
 
The Weather was also Glorious I might add, so I was feeling pretty Chipper, Calm, Cool and Collected now.   So much better than the other usual "C" words of Crisis and Crap to be sure!  *Smiles*  In fact, I felt pretty darned Good that I was having a day when things were working out Well and diminishing Stress.   So... that's when 'IT' happened... as I was feeling so smug about having a Great Day unfolding.  And Imagining that now that I was out of Family Court for the day, maybe I could just Relax and take it Easy for a change?!!??!   Notice Image above of how I'll probably look whenever that Time comes for Relaxing and just able to take it Easy for a change!  *Bwahaha!*
 
*******
 
Family Court locations always have a Parking Problem, too many People, not enough Parking.  Maybe all Courts have this Problem in the City, but Family Court seems to have a particularly heavy saturation of Clients due to the Nature of the Cases... with entire Families, Extended Families and their Support Systems, plus all the Court and Caseworker Staffing needing to Park somewhere. 
 
*******
 
 So it's not unusual to get there and have to drive around a while to even find an empty space... or one that's not Reserved for Staff... or has a Time Limit on Parking there... and when you do eventually find one... hopefully in time to get to your Scheduled Appearance without being late... you grab it, regardless of where it's at.  This has always been the case and so I always try to be really early so as not to Stress Out about finding parking.  But sometimes it doesn't matter, I think you'd have to Camp Out there to not have this Problem because it fills up mighty early.
 


 
 
This Morning was no exception to this Rule of limited Parking Ops... and the only parking space I could find was not Ideal.   It was narrow and on the Passenger Side there was a Utility Box with those two foot tall cement Yellow Posts positioned all around it for protection... oh, and yeah, the car on the other side had parked too close to the line on my Driver's Side making a narrow space even narrower to get into!  Uh oh!!!
 
*******
 
  We have a Jeep SUV, it's a big, wide vehicle with a fair amount of blind spots and oversized mirrors and I'm a big, wide Woman too... so I wasn't entirely Comfortable with where I had no choice but to Park, but it had to do.  You could Carefully navigate IN with little problem since the two foot tall bright Yellow Posts are VISIBLE on your way IN.   You can already tell which direction this Story is going can't you?  *Smiles*  
 
*******
 
 So, I'm just Thankful I found a parking spot and could get to my Hearing on time now... and I'm all Happy coming out of Court because things had gone so well... Guard let down and all that.   Then I get to my vehicle... only to notice that now a new car sits in the space next to me on the Driver's Side of my vehicle and is parked even wonkier than the last one there had been... angled in fact with the back end swung towards and real close to my vehicle... Crap! 
 


 
 
Yeah, they were probably running late since there's lotsa annoying Construction and heavy Downtown Rush Hour Traffic around the Courts causing considerable delays... and probably had a hard time finding a Space as we all did... so they probably didn't give their Parking Skills much thought as they whizzed in, just Happy to FIND a damn Space and get into the building I'm sure?
 
*******
 
  But now that's MY Problem, getting out without hitting their Car, the Cars parked behind me across the row, which is also narrow, or the two foot high bright Yellow Posts on my Passenger Side that are now completely INVISIBLE to me as I sit Inside my vehicle as I'm backing out!  And I'm already REALLY close to these now invisible Posts on my Right, since I had to be on account of the Car situations in the other Space to my Left, so there's not much room or a margin for error in judgment.  I also have no Spotter or Good Samaritan passing by to Guide me out!  Crap!
 
*******
 
I'm Confident... I can do this I thought... since I don't wanna and can't sit here all day.  I decide I definitely don't want to scrape someone's Car on my Exit, so I'm choosing to focus mostly on NOT doing that... and hoping I can gauge where those damn, now Invisible, Bright Yellow short Cement Posts are as I'm going slowly in reverse?   One cleared... two cleared... and then I have one of those brain lapse Senior Moments where I am not quite sure if there were two Posts or three?   And I'm almost all the way backed out already now, semi blocking thru-traffic but with cars impatiently still squeezing back and forth behind me too and to Concentrate on not hitting them, since they're clearly in a big hurry and don't Care.
 

 
 
  So I decide I'm not stopping and getting out of the vehicle again to go around to the Passenger Side and recount Posts...  I'm committed to my Exit enough that I actually thought I'd cleared sufficiently all the Posts there had been, in my Mind's Eye anyway, so I cut the wheel slightly to maneuver in the direction I want to finish backing out.... and CRUNCH!   Yep, you guessed it, hit that third Pole I forgot about... hit it hard in fact with the very edge of my front wheel guard and front bumper edge!
 
*******
 
Now, I know these vehicles are made of molded plastic megaparts that get crazy damage even from minor mishaps so I'm almost afraid to look because it sounded sickeningly bad, those Posts do their Job well!   But when I do... well, it's Not Good.  Luckily I could limp through the City to Home by taking it easy, so at least I wasn't left Stranded!  *Whew*  We're in no position to buy another vehicle, or repair this one... and I need it more driveable any kind of way they can make it so... I don't even care about the Cosmetics at this juncture.  
 
*******
 
 I also don't wanna file a Claim on a stupid and minor non-accident mishap damage situation... and have Insurance Premiums jacked up... or Car Facts making this vehicle seem like it was in an actual wreck.  So I need to pay cash for any work done and absorb the loss of my stupid mistake.   And boy did I feel Stupid!   And Upset... and Embarrassed!
 

 
 
So I go to a Dealership First and they want a Fortune for repairs, a Fortune we don't have ready Cash to pay... and I look at other used Vehicles but Dealerships don't wanna hafta fix a Trade-In and its a handy way to try to give you nothing on your Trade-In and cause a negative equity situation on a new purchase and be really upside down from the get-go... so that's not gonna happen either.   So in desperation I go to a little Body Shop in the Hood that have Young Dudes that are really into their Cars and Restoration Projects. 
 
*******
 
The Man and Princess T have tagged along because evidentally they don't wanna miss me groveling or wheeling and dealing to get our vehicle fixed some kinda way.  It must have been a slow day for them and this was as close to Entertainment and Excitement as they were gonna get.   Prince R opts to stay Home, he said he didn't wanna see me cry... just in case I went to pieces now?!  He also didn't wanna hafta walk Home from the little Shop down the block. *LOL*
 
*******
 
   In complete Humility I tell the two Sweet Young Guys at the Shop my Sad, Embarrassing Story and ask for the "Repair Right" Estimate... and the "Just take the broken parts off and make it driveable" Estimate.   Their Body Repair Guy isn't at this location, which is walking distance from my house... which was important too, since I didn't know how long I'd be without a vehicle or how to get Home without one... and pieces were hanging off of it so I didn't want to drive it back into the City either!   I was feeling... and probably looking... like I might break down and cry.
 
 

 
 
 They look at The Man, whose very Anxious since he doesn't know what to do or say to Console me or 'Fix' the Problem, they see he's obviously Disabled and wearing his faded old Military Cap stating he's a Vietnam and Desert Storm Veteran, with his Purple Hearts and Bronze Star Medals Proudly displayed on it... they look over at Princess T, who her Grandpa had helped dress and do her hair before I got Home as best he could, so she's looking like a Refugee Child... I'm fairly certain they took Pity upon us!?
 
*******
 
Leave it a half hour they say and come back later so they could see what they could do for me?   I walk back over a half hour later to find that they'd put everything back together as best they could... nothing hanging off now or rubbing and is driveable!!!  They give me the number to their Body Shop Friend in the City for when I can afford to have it "Fixed Right and Look New" again. 
 
*******
 
 I ask how much I owe them... Nothing they say... it's No Problem!!!   They won't even take payment.  I'm deeply Touched and beyond Appreciative, Thanking them profusely.   I know that when I do need new tires again or regular work on my vehicle, these are the Guys and the Company I want to do it. These are the types of Small Businesses I want to Support Locally.  People like that being a Blessing to their Community on Purpose when they don't have to be give me renewed Faith in Humanity.  They were Truly Angels in the Flesh Today, God Bless them Richly and Thank You Lord for putting them in our Path!  It's also the difference between Small Neighborhood Businesses and Big Business.  I'll be dropping some delish Bakery Items off for Leo and Steve tomorrow in Appreciation... Young Guys Love Good Food!   Sure... my Vehicle still has significant Issues to Save up to fix now, but in the interim I now feel it will be Okay and have no great immediate Hardship to face and try to overcome.
 


 
 
So... that's my Story for Today... one with a semi-happy ending... and which helped me to stay in a Peaceful Place within myself.   Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad for that Happy Ending! Some Bakery Goods would be a kind gesture for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fine items....especially the insects at the first picture......
    Glad it ended Happily.

    Fine evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn......you were lucky enough to go to family court......I on the other hand wrote an obituary notice......LIFE???????????

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless those men.....I am sorry you had such a hard day...but aren't we all so thankful for glints of joy among the rubble.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl