Saturday, November 29, 2014

Transitioning From One Holiday To Another



Transitioning from one Holiday to another is helping to keep me Grounded and Focused in the Moment... rather than worrying about what the Future holds for ourselves and those we Love.   We've had a flurry of bad news piling in from Adult Children and the Extended Family, everything from job losses right before the Holidays to extreme Health Crisis... doesn't it always seem to happen that the worst of things can happen at the best of times?
 
 


But I am determined not to allow the devil any due to attempt to put a damper upon a Holy time we should Celebrate wholeheartedly regardless of Circumstances and the Issue of Life pressing in and down upon us.  And so with reckless abandon I threw myself into the Transition... of Transforming the Home the day after Thanksgiving into a Christmas Fantasyscape.
 
 



When I have the weight of grave concerns upon me a very strange thing actually happens as I block them out and set about with busyness... I get a startling amount accomplished in a relatively brief period of time!   It's pretty remarkable really how I can convert Negative Stress into a Positive Energy Force if I make up my Mind to!
 
 



I set the TV to the Music Choice Classic Christmas Channel, brewed some Starbucks, lit some scented Candles in Yankee Candle "Purr-Chouli" and Gold Canyon Candle "Warm Apple Crisp" Aromas throughout the house, donned my Collection of Santa Caps on the Mannequin Gals so I wouldn't Feel like I was doing all this Solo, and set about The Process of Ushering Christmas in at Bohemian Valhalla!
 
 



With The Man still on his Utah Trip and the G-Kid Force out playing in the balmy 82 Degree Sunshine we were Enjoying the day after Thanksgiving, it was a Perfect Opportunity for me to Focus without Distractions upon my Mission Statement to put the Halloween and Harvest Theme away and complete the Transition in one fell swoop from one Holiday to another.
 
 

 
 
Since I hold it down and keep it together by myself here at the Ole' Homestead, I have found that keeping my Mannequin Gal Collection scattered about when I've got a Big Project to tackle has had a very Therapuetic Effect on not Feeling so all alone, overwhelmed and underequipped as I get things done that gotta get done.  Yeah, maybe a little Crazy that Logic, and perhaps Creepy if Mannequins tend to Freak YOU out, but if it Works for me, well, hey, I just Work It!  *LOL*
 



Besides, it's a Great way to Purpose my Vintage Mannequin Gal Collection other than just with Styling Vintage Clothing and Accessories in the Studio or Modeling in the Showrooms.   When I initially began Collecting them it was with the sole intention of Retail Display.  But I find that Customers always want to buy the Gals... become tenacious to attempt to buy the Gals in fact because they are getting harder to come by... and frankly I wasn't the least bit interested in Selling off my Beloved Mannequin Gals!   




Maybe if I was doing Shows it would be different and Customers wouldn't Jones' so much for my Display Pieces, but in an Antique Mall Showroom setting, that is just too complicated and I  don't want to get calls for Selling NFS Display items, so the Gals stay Home to Work exclusively around the house and Studio.  *Smiles*
 
 





And so I put them to Work, especially around the Holidays when they can Model Lovely items, many of which I can no longer fit into yet, but don't wanna part with because it's Wardrobe that still Inspires me or is Visually Pleasing to me and maybe one day I'll wear again?  
 
 



And besides, the Gals keep my Santa Hat Collection handy and Displayed until I want to rotate the Collection on my own head during the Holiday Season.   Though I am not a Hat Person in that most don't look that good on me so I don't often wear a Hat, I AM a Hat Collector because I Love Vintage and Unique Hats to use in Display and Design.  I also have had Great Success in the Selling of Vintage and Unique Hats so my Collection Evolves constantly as Hats come in and go out... except for the most Beloved in the Collection.
 
 



I do Miss being able to ring the Bell for The Salvation Army during the Season... I used to wear a different Santa Hat every day during my Shifts.   Perhaps one day when the Kiddos are Grown and move out and The Man Recovers sufficiently from his Brain Injury I can do that and other Work again... but for now the Gals can Model them all each Season.
 
 
 
 
Along with some Killer Vintage Fur Hats that are just too hot to wear even during the Winter in the Desert, but I just Love the look of!  Mannequins don't sweat bullets wearing Furs, even when it's still 82 Degrees the day after Thanksgiving around here!  *Smiles*   This is a Vintage Chinchilla Hat that I 'pet' every time I walk by it because it's so Soft and Luxurious that it's a Sensual Pleasure to Touch! 
 
 


Yes, in just half of a day I got the whole place Decorated for Christmas and spent the rest of the Day... and the next... just Luxuriating in the Fruits of my Labor because it was just Magical to sit there listening to Holiday Music, sipping Coffee and just Relaxing amid my Christmas Fantasy brought to Life for this year's Theme.


 

And yes, I even wrapped the Gifts for the G-Kid Force, since we have been Blessed with so many G-Kids we have to get an early start on Saving up and Holiday buying to ensure the Budget stretches to make it all possible and Wonderful.

 


Now you might be Wondering why I went with a complete Theme for the Christmas Tree that mostly had to be Store Bought this year when it would have been more economic to use what I already have in Holiday Seasonal Storage and just rotate or Upcycle it?   Since I always Decorate the rest of the Room based on the Christmas Tree's Theme for the year.   Well, it's Simple really... I've misplaced the Storage Cottage Keys that store the Christmas Seasonal Decor and Collections for this Holiday!  *LOL*
 
 

 
 
It's True... the Key that I thought would unlock the Commercial Grade impenetrable Padlock doesn't work!  And now, after trying every freakin' key I could find around this Ole House and not having any luck unlocking the damn thing... and not wanting to hire a Locksmith... I decided to just start from scratch and not drive myself completely Insane trying to get into my Storage Cottage and not being able to!  Right now I don't need that added level of Stress... and it made me be just that much more Creative about this year's Decor for Christmas!  *Smiles*
 



Plus, as I said, regardless of Circumstances being WAY less than Ideal right now for us all in the Extended Family... we're Determined to Celebrate and have a Wonderful Christmas and remember the Reason for the Season.    So... after Gramma got Resourceful about Tree Decor since she couldn't get into ANY of her Ornament Collection from previous years... we went to visit Santa at our Antique Mall and get our Free Santa Portrait!
 
 



Which turned out Wonderful... even tho' we, nor Santa, could Convince Prince R that it's still Okay for Fourteen Year Old Young Men to sit on Santa's lap and have it immortalized thru the Eye of the Lens, Honest!   Guess last year was the Final Santa Visit for the Young Prince and now I'm down to one whose still Game for it!?  *Pouting*  
 
 


But back to the Transition Project's Big Reveal... because I was mighty Proud of myself for pulling it off so quickly and way before The Man and the In-Laws get back from their Trip!   I knew that once I had a house full... and other Company and Extended Family visiting for the Holidays that I'm expecting... some this very Weekend in fact... I probably wouldn't be able to get around to it.
 
 



And just having everything ready to Enjoy and Receive Guests for the Holidays makes me Feel like I can now Relax and just Enjoy the Season... as well as find ways to Deal With any Issues and Crisis that have to be dealt with even tho' it is the Holiday Season. 
 
 



I don't know about you but I Feel Energized when I have everything in Order, Cleaned and Decorated in my Living and Work Spaces.   There's so much else that I want to be able to Focus upon that is Enjoyable during the Season and now I feel free to concentrate on some of that, with these other things out of the way.
 
 


 
Have you begun your Holiday Decorating yet?  Are you getting into the Spirit of the Season now that the other Holidays have passed and we're moving from an Autumn Vibe to a Winter one... the Transition of Seasons?  
 




And of coarse for our Family the Primary Focus is upon the Reason for the Season, Christ our Lord and Savior.   Which makes the Issues of Life actually not as Overwhelming when we know Who has our backs and that God is in Control of it all and we Trust Him and find Peace in being in His most Capable Hands.
 
 



So even tho' the enemy may seek to devour, kill and destroy... and may lord over instigating Troubles for Mankind and be the master of deceptions and lies... our Destiny is not shaped by such things.  We have Divine Purpose and we'll be about the Doing of it regardless of obstacles put up to attempt to hinder and prevent us from doing what we're Called to do.
 
 


I don't think it's any coincidence that the Beloved are often confronted with turmoil and tribulation, the worst of things... at this particular best of times, the Celebration of Christ and His Birth.  Clearly it means we're doing something Right if the enemy is bothering to run this much interferance and not leaving us alone.   And we'll continue to Be where and how our Lord wants us to Be and the devil will just have to Deal With it!
 
 


And if you can Rejoice, Celebrate and continue to Worship while Dealing With Adversity... then you've already Won half the Battle over your adversaries haven't you?   So make this a time of Rejoicing... of Celebrating... and of Worshipping... kick it into High Gear in fact and thus give your adversaries, whoever they may be, a kick in the head that their Plan backfired and only made your Faith and Resolve that much Stronger!
 
 



This is a time for the Faithful to be reminded about the Work to be done on this side of Time and Eternity to bring Glory to our Lord, to be His Hands, His Feet and His Heart towards Mankind and continue with the Good Fight of Faith and the Great Commission!
 
 



I have always Loved the Quote: "Preach the Gospel to all the World, use words if you have to...", even tho' the Origins of it seem somewhat controversial, I don't really care who originally allegedly uttered it... because it reminds me of a Fact... that our Actions speak far louder than any words we might Preach.   I am always far more impressed with what a person does, than by what they may say, because the two don't always line up.  Faith in Action speaks volumes even if there is Silence while the Acts of Love take place.
 
 



I'll continue to Share the Lovely Images of the Season... from our Home... our Favorite Spaces and Places... and Hope it all will Inspire you and Delight you as it does us.   I just Love the Holiday Season and all that it Represents, so I refuse to allow anything to Spoil it.
 
 



And even if you and yours are 'Going Through' this Holiday Season my Hope and Prayer are that your Faith will Sustain you and that you too will be tenacious about not allowing the Issues of Life to Spoil your Celebration or take your Joy either!!!
 
 

 
 
Joyfully yours from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian




No comments:

Post a Comment

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl