Saturday, July 12, 2014

Where Bloggers Create 2014 Blog Party




Hi... I'm Dawn and I want to Welcome you to where this Blogger Creates! 


 
 
 I'm Delighted to finally be a Participant in the Where Bloggers Create Annual Blog Party Hosted by my Talented Blog Friend Karen Valentine of the Blog MY DESERT COTTAGE.   To behold even more Creative Spaces please visit her site and join in on the Party in Progress!!! 


 
 
 And so here I am, to give you a Glimpse into my World as you fall down my Rabbit Hole.  *Winks*




I only recently Reclaimed my Art Studio Cottage after a lengthy displacement, when it provided a primary residence for The Son for a few years, when he came back Home to be of Help during a particularly difficult time for our Family... and various Friends who needed a temporary place to reside while they relocated and were 'Going Through' Life's Issues.




I had really missed having my Art Studio Cottage during those years... having a permanent Creative Space is indeed an enormous Blessing for any Creative Soul!





And once you have had one it spoils you... so it's difficult to go back to temporary Creative Spaces. Spaces that you constantly have to clean up and put away your supplies during the Creative Process because they serve double duty as Daily Living Spaces for the Family.

 


Granted, after so many years of not being primarily my Art Studio, I recently had to do a major makeover of the Cottage... which is still in progress, but at least the Great Room is now complete, and that is what I'm Sharing today. 

 


And since I wanted to begin with a Blank Canvas to build my New Vision upon, I got rid of just about everything that had previously occupied the Space and started Fresh. 


 
 
 Filling it now with a Fresh Collection of Beloved Objects and Found Treasures I'd Accumulated and Purposed for when it would once again become my Creative Space! 




It had been a Great Studio Space before... but now it would be my Dream Studio Space and 'Full On Me' to my Core with the chosen Aesthetic and Styling... and with no compromises.




Now... that didn't come without particular Challenges, both in the removal of what had been in there... and moving what I now wanted in there into the building!!!  Because this is the converted Old Carriage House and Stables of our Historic One Hundred Year Old Property, so it's not your typical Structure!

 


And clearly I didn't want typical Contents either!  *LOL*  I envisioned an enormous Vintage Industrial Creation Station in there, which I had... but which had to be dismantled outside, brought inside in pieces and rebuilt by the Grandson and I with a completely different base to accomplish that Grandoise Vision!




In fact, I wanted several Creation Stations, because I am after all the Queen of Excess and self proclaimed Maximalist, so too much is obviously never enough in my World!  *Smiles*  I've tried the Minimalistic Approach, it just doesn't Work or Fit for me.





Fortunately there are plenty of built-in features of the Cottage which Serve it well for being an Ideal Creative Space.   Including a large Enamel Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink and Drainboard for clean-up of messy Projects.




And an entire wall of built-in cupboards and cabinets Created from Architectural Salvage.  Since the Visionary that Homestead this Property at the turn of the Century was ahead of his time when it came to Upcycling, Repurposing and Reclaiming Architectural Salvage to Create his entire Ranch. 




So there are elements from just about every razed Property in the Valley during that Period which are now a part of the Main House and Cottages on our Property here at Bohemian Valhalla... and I Love that about it!!!


 

And I can certainly Connect to that Lifestyle since Creating something from Beautiful leftovers and discarded Objects, The Thrill of the Hunt, Junquing, Collecting, Gathering, Salvaging, Rescuing and Reclaiming pieces of History and a Love of Old has shaped my World for as long as I can remember.




I wanted to fill my Creative Space with things I Love and to give many of them a New Life, perhaps as something different than they were originally intended.   So a Collection of Old Instrument Cases have become Shelving.




And an excessive Collection of Old Suitcases, that no Sane person should own that many of, can be Justified and Purposed as tiered Storage for my equally excessive Collection of Fabrics, Trims, Embellishments and Art Supplies.  *Winks*




The same holds True for the Collection of Orphaned Sewing Cabinet Drawers I've been amassing...


 
 
 And Cigar Boxes...  yes, clearly I am a Hoarder of disparate Objects that make sense to few people but me, until the Vision comes together with Form, Function and Purpose and doesn't look quite so Crazy.    Well... maybe still a little Crazy and Quirky, but hey, that's who I am!!!  *Winks*




I recently heard that Creative Minds are Messy... and I'd concur with that Observation as Objectively as I can, being among the Afflicted.  *Smiles*   Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to my cache' of Found Treasures, I am just like a Human Magpie who drags Home whatever catches my Eye or Inspires me, to Feather my Nest with!




So this is my albiet feeble way of Attempting to bring some Order and Organization to my Curated Chaos and Beautiful Messy Chic Style!  *Smiles*

 


I truly LOVE my Creative Space and it totally Inspires me... so if I didn't have a Family to consider and accommodate, it is very likely that my Home would look exactly like my Studio Space... a real tumble down the Rabbit Hole Addams Family Style!  *Winks*  I reign myself in ever so slightly in our Home... I'm not SO Wheels Off the Rails there... though the Family might dispute that claim. *LOL*





In fact, Morticia Addams has always been my Greatest Muse, since early Childhood... I wanted to Live in her Fabulously Quirky Mansion and I Adored her Confident Eccentricity and Delightfully Strange Family.   Well... I HAD the Delightfully Strange Family... and I was certainly equally Eccentric and Morbidly inclined.




So it wasn't such a stretch to feel more Comfortable around that Style of Decorating, Collection of Oddities and the Weird and Wonderful. *LOL*  I find Beauty and Inspiration in some pretty Peculiar places and things!  And if you do too you'll feel right at Home here and we're probably cut from the same mold.  Even if you don't like it or Connect to it, you might still be Fascinated enough by it to take a gander, no?  Most people do.  *Winks*

 


I don't tend to Decorate my Creative Space with too many of my own Artistic Creations though, as most have been Sold Off or Gifted to Friends and Family.  So I much rather Decorate with my Found Vintage or Antique Treasures and the Fabulous Art Created by Talented Friends and other Admired Artists who never cease to Inspire and Encourage me on my own Creative Journey.






Many of my Artist Friends have been exceedingly Generous with Surprise Gifts to me of their Amazing Creations... so there is much Sentiment Attached to those pieces.  Giving a great Energy and Positive Vibe that I Enjoy being Surrounded by.  And if I could describe myself in a Word... it would be Sentimental! 


 

The large Bohemian Bag in the center of this Image is one of my earlier Creations made from Sentimental Fabrics and Old Bling that are deeply Personal.  I will keep a Creation of my own if it has unusual Sentimental Value in what it was Created with.  Otherwise I don't find myself Attached to the Outcome very much.




But I do so Love Creating and even when I didn't have a Studio, I Needed to be Creative regardless.  It's just so much more conducive to the Creative Process to have that Special Place designated as your Creative Space.  Filled with the exclusive needs of your Artistic Process and where you can Sequester and lose yourself in your Creative Bubble.




With not so many Distractions and Interruptions.  Because otherwise Life can get in the way of Art... and I HATE when that happens, don't you?  *Smiles*   As a Full Time Caregiver who also maintains a couple of Showrooms at an Antique Mall, I have precious little Free Time to Devote to Artistic Pursuits... so I NEED the Respite of it and a place to Retreat to for Restoration, Relaxation and Rest.




Sometimes our Reality and Life's Issues suck and we need a temporary Escape from it to our Magical Place.  This is that Special Place for me and so I Cherish it.  In fact, I would like to spend more Time here than I do... the Atmosphere Engergizes me even when I'm not Creating anything!  Because it is also my Space for Imagining Possibilities and girding my Faith that everything is as it should be.




And I have a Fertile Imagination to be sure... overflowing with Visual Fantasyscapes and Enchanting Possibilities just waiting to be Manifested and Transferred from the Canvas of my Imagination to Reality.   A Surreal Reality to be sure, but a Reality nonetheless.  *LOL* 




And in this household we're up by Faith and Confident it will hold.   The Creation of this Space was a Welcome Distraction from the daily grind... and as Fun and Exciting as anything that will ever be Created in it.  Even though it was a lot of Work, the end result came together just as I'd Hoped it would and has Inspired me to move forward to the other rooms of the Art Studio Cottage and Transform them too in order to complete the Vision!




Because my Creative Space continues to serve Dual Purpose as a Guest Cottage for Visiting Friends and Family.  So I want it to be as Welcoming, Comfortable and Inviting to them during their brief stay, as it is to me when I spend time there.   I just won't want anyone to Live there anymore, since I don't want to Relinquish it again... I've Worked too hard and am Enjoying it far too much to voluntarily Sacrifice it again!




I've learned that taking care of the Caregiver is as vital as caring for those who need you to provide care for them.   And Art has been my Beautiful Escape that is a big part of Caring for and Pampering Self.  Along with my Monthly Girl's Day Out Pilgrimage.




As well as frequent Retreats to this Wonderful Community here in the Land of Blog.  Connecting to Kindred Spirits and Like Minded Souls who you can relate to on various levels... and that would take several Lifetimes to Connect to as many of in Real Life outside of Cyberspace!  And I've had the Pleasure of actually meeting many Blog Friends in Real Life since beginning this Blog Journey, which is always a Rush 'cause you all ROCK!





I have been wanting to Participate in such a Blog Party as this for a long time... but without having a Permanent Creative Space to Share, it just wasn't possible.  So each year I would anticipate Visiting the Sharing of each of your Creative Spaces instead... and Imagining the day when I'd Reclaim mine and what it would be like?!

 


It has been one of those Journeys a long time coming... and so Revealing it FINALLY has been as Enjoyable as the Creation of it!!!   And as always, the Posts would be Epic and Excessive... because that's how I Roll!   So I do Hope you've not been in a Rush and gotten comfortable first so you could sit a spell and Visit?! *Winks*
 

 
 
I Enjoy having Visitors... even here in the Land of Blog... because Caregiving can be a very Isolating and Lonely Existance otherwise.   And Connections to the Outside World can be difficult to coordinate and arrange since true Respites are scarce and much too brief.  So I often Manufacture them... in my Studio or here Online!
 

 
 
And so I've also had to make where I Create Attractive to those I'm Caregiver of... The Man, my Beloved Life Partner who is a Disabled Veteran and also suffered Traumatic Brain Injury last year... and the G-Kid Force, who are two of our Grandchildren we're Raising, and who have Special Needs. 
 

 
 
So that they can often join me and I can keep an eye on them, as well as get them Involved in the Therapeutic Process of Creating.  Since I Believe all Beings are Endowed with some kind of Creativity by their Creator, since they're made in His Image, and Creativity Feeds the Soul.  And Creations often Minister to others thru the Senses... because the World can never have too much Beauty and Sensory Pleasure is Universally Appreciated. 
 


 


And if you're one who is Visiting and is still awaiting your Permanent Creative Space, may this be a Post that instills Hope that anything worth having is worth waiting for.   I waited a long time too and I know how Agonizing that can be.  Patience has never been one of my Virtues, so at times it was beyond difficult to keep waiting and have Patience that the day would come to Attain what I Desired and Longed for!



 
 
And I do Believe I Appreciate it all the more because I had to Wait upon it and didn't receive the Instant Gratification.   Even once Relinquishing it, though Difficult and for all the right reasons, was instrumental in Realizing what I'd had and what a Blessing and even a Necessity it had been!  I call it one of my Big Yellow Taxi Moments.  {Joni Mitchell lyrics circa 1970}
 


 
 
And I Hope that you've Enjoyed coming for a Visit to where I Create as much as I've Enjoyed finally being able to Reveal it at the Where Bloggers Create Blog Party?
 
 
 
 
As you can tell Photography is my other Artistic Passion and Obsession... and Photographing anything Interesting or Beautiful to me is Pure Bliss!  *Smiles*   I am almost never without a Camera in hand... or handy since I'm a Pathological Picture Taker in need of serious Intervention!   And I'm a LOUSY Editor so I definitely Over-Share!!!  *Winks*
 
 

 
I want to Thank Karen once again for Hosting such an Amazingly Creative and Inspirational Annual Blog Party... I look forward to it every year and it's been a Joy to Participate for the first time this Year!  By next Year I should have a completed Art Studio Cottage to Share!
 
 
 
 
 
And if I can just quit talking and taking pixs long enuf I can finally let you go on your way... *If you know me you'll get used to that... Smiles*
 
 

 
 
And say Good-Bye and Thanks for Visiting my Creative Space in the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 

84 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, I love your space, it is very unique and would be fun to create something in there anytime! Eye candy! :) I know anyone who enters has a blast! You have sparked some new ideas for me, oh my! thank you! hugs Kat =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, Thanks for visiting and glad you got Sparked with some Ideas. *Smiles* I visited your Blog Space but couldn't quite figure out the Google+ Thing, I'm so Tech Challenged and the G-Kids are asleep... so will have to wait 'til they can Help a Gramma out! *Winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness-- an entire cottage filled with gypsy treasures!! You have a wonderful place to settle in and create. I could be SO happy there-- I could just live there:)

    You are blessed girlfriend--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed I am Blessed Vicki and I just Love our Old Home even though it is a lot to take Care of and I've thought about downsizing many times. I came to realize I'd miss too much of what we have on our Acreage to ever give it up... and where on earth would I put all my Beautiful Junque! *LOL* So I'll just have to hire extra Help when I need it. *winks* And many have lived 'there' so I really had a Giggle when you said that... there was for years a steady rotations of Family and Friends who lived in the Art Studio Cottage and displaced me for quite a long Season! *ha ha ha*
      Thanks for coming by... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your gypsy bohemian space, and am so glad you were able to join all of us this year! I think I'm in bunting, tiara and fringe heaven now! Can't wait to explore your blog and art some more!

    Michaele (Twigs and Tulle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, clearly I am also a bunting, Tiara and Fringe sorta Gal Michaele! *winks* I was actually gonna hang even more Bunting but The Son was helping me hang it and said, "Enough already Mom!" *Winks* The Crew here often help keep me from going clear over The Top with my Excess in Styling... too much is never enough for me, NEVER... and Editing is not one of my strengths! *Smiles* Thanks for coming by and Explore to your Heart's Content I Enjoy having Visitors here in the Land of Blog... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. What a terrific post Dawn! Your Art Studio shows beautifully, in all it's glory! I wish you had put a picture of you at the end , in all your glory!! I'm so glad to be your blog friend and maybe someday will be able to meet you and enjoy your Bohemian Villa in person! I hope you get many new followers, you and your blog deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... you always say such sweet things my Friend... my Ego is all puffed up now! *LOL* Enough so that I almost thought of taking a "Selfie" as my G-Kids call them... tho' to be Honest I've never taken one so I don't quite know how it might turn out and if I could angle it enuf to get rid of double chins etc.??!?! Juggling a Camera and trying to Photograph Self in a Flattering way might be more complicated than it appears?! *Bwahahaha!* It would be Wonderful if one day you were on a trek across the Arizona Desert and stopped by... give me a Holla if you ever find yourself out West GF! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for visiting me today.
    I love your space. My traveling heart took a leap. I must explore some more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming for a Visit and I Hope your Exploration is Enjoyable... I Enjoy having Visitors here in the Land of Blog... and the Visiting of all the rest of your Wonderful Creative Spaces during these Awesome Parties. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  6. Wow! This reminds me of my great-grandmother's cabin. So many fun, vintage goodies!
    xo,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm certain then I'd of Loved your Great Granny Lin! *Smiles* Thanks for coming by for a Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  7. Hi Dawn, It's wonderful that your studio has once been a carriage house and I love that it had been built with architectural salvage. You have an amazing collection of great vintage treasures. There is inspiration everywhere. Thank you for the lovely tour!
    Have a great weekend!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia thanks for coming by for a Visit... I like that it had once had a different Life too... I can Imagine the Carriages and Horses it once was Home to. One of the best Features are some Fancy Stone Columns that hold the Roof up... only one is clearly visible from the Interior, most are more visible from the Exterior, I always Wonder where Mister Abbott Sourced them from when he Salvaged them? Must have been a Magnificent Old Mansion I bet?!? Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  8. No matter how many times I "drop in", I see something different (or different-LY). You are amazing and your space equally so :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always Enjoy your Visits too Rebecca... even I see something different and differently every time I am in a room around here even though I LIVE here! *LOL*

      Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  9. Oh, you have such a unique space...I enjoyed all the details. I love those suitcases, the cigar boxes....and that sink! It's fantastic, I would love to find a similar one.
    It was really a pleasure.
    Besos from Argentina!
    Silvina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Silvina, I'm ALL about the Details... that's why I Enjoy Close-Up Photography as an Art Form so much too! And of coarse Collecting has always been in my DNA since I was a wee Child! Thanks for coming by for a Visit... Besos from Arizona... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  10. Dawn, everything in there is so wonderful! What a feast for the eyes!!! Your photos were awesome but the content of your words were even more so. I am so happy that you were finally able to join the party. This post is definitely a wonderful addition to guest list and I am thrilled to have been able to visit your space.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen Thank You SO MUCH for Annually Hosting this Wonderful Creative Space Party here in the Land of Blog... it is one of the Blog Parties I always look forward to since the Participants are such an Eclectic Mix of Artistic Souls and being Invited into so many Studio Spaces and getting to know each Artist is a Dream come True for anyone who Loves Creating as much as we all do! I am always Inspired, get Fab New Ideas to help Organize and tweak my own Creative Space, and come away with even more Creative Energy Renewed after Visiting each Blogger! It was so nice to finally be a Participant and not just a Spectator! And your Space my Friend is as Awesome as your Creations are, your Essence is definitely Imparted to the room! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  11. Good morning Dawn...had to stop by for a second and view your marvelous "boho gypsy" space. I can't believe you have found the time to do this with all you seem to have going on in your busy life. It is truly wonderful.....I hope you get to us it "a lot" during the coming year.

    xoxo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only way I found the Time Jo was to make the Time for it and also make the Crew here be a part of the Process! *LOL* They were more of a Help than I thought they'd be actually and we all had such Fun Creating the Space I had Envisioned for so long! We all Enjoy hanging out in there even when we're not Creating anything... it's a great Space for Dreaming and Daydreaming as well! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  12. Dear sweet Dawn,
    I L-O-V-E your space!! I remembered it from last year but I think you've added more goodies since then! I love the whole layer on layer look with rugs, tapestries and velvets. We share a passion on so many things, oh where do I begin!!! Great post!-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cindy I'm so Happy you dropped by again... yes, I've added almost EVERYTHING that is in there now... I had it all in the Main House or Storage... and got rid of a lot that had previously been in the Cottage so that I could do a total Blank Canvas Makeover... but it has ALWAYS been Gypsy Style because that's me to my Core and the Essence of my Spirit. I know that we do share many Passions, which is why I so Enjoy visiting your Posts as well... if we went Junquing together we'd Clearly gravitate towards all of the same Treasures! *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  13. So amny wonderful and eclectic items! Your place has so much to tell- you can almost feel the things in there speaking to you! Perfect for a creative hideaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by for a visit Rita... and Eclectic should have been my middle Name! *Winks* I have so many Loves that I could never narrow it down to a particular Style or Theme really... which is why Bohemian is the perfect Label for my Aesthetic! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  14. Very fun tour! I loved visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Loved having you for a visit and I'm glad you had Fun... that's what it's all about! Life should be about Experiencing the Joys of it... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  15. Hey Dawn it's great to to see your studio. I noticed the box I made with the vintage carpet on the front. You have an amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Katie, those boxes you made make the best Storage, deep to hold a lot and yet not out of sight so I can easily see and grab what I need! And of coarse they match the decor perfectly! *winks* I still think we are Twins somehow separated at Birth my Friend, our Styles meld so well it's as if we're of the same Mind! *Smiles* Your Friend Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  16. How wonderful your cottage is. I would love you see it for real. Until that time, I will just keep visiting to see what fun happens here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you ever found yourself trekking across the Arizona Desert you will have to stop by for a Visit... but until then I'll look forward to your Virtual Visits! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  17. ADORE the gorgeous rich textures in your space.Very Victorian. A painter could draw years of Still life subjects inspiration in this lovely space.Thanks so much for sharing.
    New follower!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for becoming a new Blog Supporter Judy... and I've always thought about dabbling in Oils and trying my hand at Painting... even if I wasn't particularly good at that Medium of Art I think it would be so Relaxing that it wouldn't matter what the outcome turned out like. Thanks for dropping by. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  18. Dawn, congrats on finally getting your special place back and set up just the way you wanted it. It is true, a permanent space is so much better to create in; I remember many years back when I had just the dining room table to work at. What a pain to clean up numerous times a day and move it all for family meals. Love the cabinet you store your stamps in - awesome piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tho' I be a Gypsy Soul I did not like moving my Art around the house constantly since Life got in the way of Art in here... but having a separate Space to Retreat to, well, that is Pure Bliss! That Cabinet that holds some of my Epic Stamp Collections was Hand-Made by someone years ago and clearly was a labor of Love, it is as Beautiful as it is Functional and I was delighted that my Friend agreed to Sell it to me! I'm building up my Storage Collection so that I can Attempt to be more Organized... previously my Art Spaces were just Organized Chaos! *Winks* Thanks for coming by for a visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  19. How wonderful, Dawn, to have such a great place as a creative space! I can believe that you must have missed it terribly after having been used to having it to use whenever you felt the urge to create. I'll bet you are glad to have it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is so good to have all my Supplies and Inspiration in one spot instead of strewn all over the house and in Storage! *LOL* I'm sure The Family is equally Delighted that I can Retreat to a Space that keeps me Happy and Centered but where I don't have to leave Home to have my little Sabbaticals! *Smiles* Thanks for coming by for a Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  20. I love that whole corner with the ouija board, fortune teller sign, etc. It inspires me for future decorating! I love the fabrics too, that blue and gold top or dress, the velvety bag on the wall!

    It sounds fascinating that it's an old coach house!

    I love the chairs and the peacock and alll your little crowned stuffed creatures! Oh it is such a heaven! I want to come live there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... no... no... more peeps coming to Live here PLEASE... I was displaced far too long already! *LOL* But if you ever find yourself trekking across the Arizona Desert, do come in for a Visit and some Creative Time! Spending time with other Creative Souls always Energizes me Creatively... I Hope to one day Host some informal Classes here where Friends, Family and other Artists can get together and Teach each other what they have a Passion for Artistically! Thanks for coming by for a Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  21. Oh.My.Goodness. You and I certainly share a love of color, quirky, and a belief that everything we love goes together. And you have a sink, for crying out loud. I love that. I am your newest follower. Thank you for sharing your amazing space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy Thank You for becoming my Newest Blog Supporter and coming over for a Visit. Isn't this Blog Hop such Fun?! Getting to see the Essence of everyone else's Creative Spaces has been such a Joy and given me so many Inspirational Ideas for Organizing my Space even better! Yes... having a sink for those messy projects, of which there are MANY around here *winks* is a real Blessing I tell ya! Always great to meet another Kindred Spirit that 'Gets' my Quirky Aesthetic! *LOL* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  22. Love your space and glad it is YOUR space again! Wishing you hours of creative juices and what a wonderful place to create.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments on my blog.
    Teresa
    www.foxhollowstudio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Thank YOU for coming by for a visit Teresa... everyone else's Creative Spaces has given me an Adrenalin Rush of Creative Energy!!! I may not even be able to sleep tonight for all the Imagery I've now got dancing around on the canvas of my Imagination?! *Smiles* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  23. From one caregiver to another, I am so glad that you have been able to reclaim your creative space. As you stated, it is SO important to have somewhere to recharge your spirit. May god bless you and yours and give you many happy times in your lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to meet other Caregivers via this Party as well... our Creative Retreats are often how we recharge as well as have the occassional respite that Ministers to Self. I'll have to come over and pay you a visit too... I'm having such Fun visiting everyone else's Delightful Spaces!!! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  24. Oh Dawn what a beautiful space for you. I feel as though I have walked into an Antique Store or a Movie Set. Love all the quirky pieces, the Ouija Board, dress form, different stools/chairs around the table, Cigar boxes....love those and the Singer Drawers. Just Brilliant!! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Movie Set... I'm flattered beyond Words! *smiles* Quirky is definitely My Style and I firmly Believe that if you truly Love something, it goes with anything and everything else you Love as well! Following the Heart and surrounding oneself with what you Connect to brings endless hours of Joy, Inspiration and Peace. Thank you for coming by for a visit! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  25. INCREDIBLE studio, Dawn. All of your warm velvets and colors, simply invite one in and create a stirring and inspiring visit. How I love that sink, I would love one. I could spend days in your studio just admiring all of your collections. Sending blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inviting Spaces are the best... because though I Love my Solitude at times, I Love Visitors and Sharing my Special Spaces just as much! Thanks for coming by for a Visit! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  26. First of all…I must admit that I am humbled by you….humbled by your giving heart as a caregiver and your faith that is reflected in this post. You are an amazing human being!

    I love your creative space….what I wouldn't give to have a cast iron sink in my studio! *nice* I also love how there's so much red in your space. Red is my favorite color, and my favorite room in our house is our raspberry red library.

    I think that every home should she a creative space, and I love how you share it with your grands. I agree 100% with your philosophy of how we're made in God's image, and since he's a creative God, then we all have it inside us to be creative, too.

    Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoyed the tour and learning about you and your life! I'm your newest follower.

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ricki first let me Thank You for being my Newst Blog Supporter... meeting New Friends and Visiting with Old Friends here in the Land of Blog has been so Therapuetic and kept my Spirit Light and Energized when Life gets tough, as it often does if you live long enough! *winks* I agree with the Kindergarten Philosophy Imparted that Sharing Is Caring... it's nice for us to have our own Private Spaces and Stashes of Lovelies, but oh so much more Enjoyable when it is all Shared with others and provides Inspiration to not only ourselves, but those who come for a Visit! And I'm now dying to visit a Raspberry Red Library!!! *Winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  27. What a fun room! And that garland? love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by for a Visit Karla... and that Garland is Fab and was Created by my Talented Friend Angela who has the Best Imaginings that she transfers from the Canvas of her Imagination into our Realities! I'm so Thankful she's so Prolific an Artist so that when I don't have the Time to Create something, she's on the same wavelength and probably just Created something as Magical as I had Imagined myself and then I can get it from her instead! *LOL* That's the Beauty of having other Creative Kindred Spirit Friends... if we cannot make it for whatever reason, then at least we can buy it! *Smiles* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  28. Your creative space is a magical experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... Sharing each other's Magic is what it's all about! Thanks for falling down my Rabbit Hole and Enjoying some Tea Madness... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  29. Your art studio is truly a fascinating bohemian extravaganza! Thank you for your tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My... with words like fascinating and extravaganza describing my Rabbit Hole my Ego is all puffed up now! *winks* Glad you came for a tumble down to my Wonderland... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  30. What a beautifully quirky and unique space ~ I love it!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming for a visit Bobbie, isn't this Blog Hop Party so much Inspirational Fun?! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  31. Oh wow, what a lovely space... Love the way you stated how you started the new take over of your space "black canvas". Super storage ideas, the vintage suitcases and the the country sink is brilliant and I love!!! So wish I could have a sink in my space too (oh sigh).

    Thank you for stopping by and for the lovely comment, you too kind : )

    Cheers from Ottawa, Ontario

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking a trip down my Rabbit Hole too Mari. I prefer to start out with a blank canvas when I want to Create a Vision, it's much easier and comes together better that way I think. And my Sink is a big hit... now I'm appreciating it all the more as a Studio Asset!... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  32. I love all of your items! You know you've met a kindred spirit when you see the odd and different piece that you've owned as well!
    Adore your bohemian space...it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... yes, sometimes when I see the odd and different piece that I've owned before in someone else's Images I have to Wonder if it wasn't the same one I used to have? *winks* Beautiful Treasures do have a way of getting around you know! Thanks for coming by... and yes, we do have such Fun in there! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  33. I love your style... I love love all your vintage suitcases... And that vintage lace banner is to die for.. Thanks for sharing your bohemian space...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit for the Fab Lace Banner goes to my Talented Artist Friend Angela who Created them. I wanted to hang even more of them in the room but The Son reigned me in! *winks* And since he was the one up on the ladder hanging everything for me... I obliged! *LOL* And I am such an Old Suitcase Addict, but Thankfully they can be great Storage so I can Justify my Hoard. I do also Sell Old Suitcases in my Showrooms, they always Sell well so Clearly there are others equally Afflicted. *winks* Thanks for coming by and falling down my Rabbit Hole... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  34. What an eclectic mix of wonderfulness! It felt like a shop I could browse around in for hours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... my Family and Friends also say the distinction between my Showrooms and my Home is very blurred and they can't tell which is which! *Smiles* But that's a Good Thing, right? It also means I can swap things between both often when I get bored with things. *Ha ha ha* Thanks for coming for a browse around the Rabbit Hole... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  35. I love all the rich jewel colors, needlepoint, velvet, tapestry, gilding, and lush gypsy richness of your studio. What a wonderful place to retreat to. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy Thank You for dropping by my Creative Haven... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  36. Your creative space is so welcoming. It really speaks to my soul. I felt like I was back in my Grandmother's home. I am like you, I love all things old and quirky and would have my entire house like that but have others that have a voice in what goes as far as decorating. I do push the limits sometimes and it goes over well. Others not so much. But that is the creative spirit....isn't it wonderful when we have that. Care takers do have to take care of themselves. I was a peds oncology/peds intensive care nurse for 32 years and if your don't nurture you, you can't successfully nurture others. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, your Career would certainly take it's toll... I'm Retired from the DA's Office and I know that many of the things I saw, heard and experienced cannot be unseen, unheard and forgotten... they are forever etched in Memory and it can be very hard... and you can become very hardened to it if you reach Career Burnout of having done it far too long. I am relieved in some ways to have Life take it's turn so that I was forced into Early Retirement and can now have more time following my Bliss and Caregiving for those Loved Ones that need me far more than any Employer ever could have. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  37. So FUN to view your creative space!!! The crowned deer made me smile : )
    as I love deer and CROWNS also! Yes, art can take us away from lifes troubles and give our souls refreshment and respite, energizing us for other duties. And Jesus says, "Come unto me all you who carry heavy loads, and I will give you rest" Life's burdens can be overwhelming heavy without His strengthening love!

    thanks for participating in the party! You are one busy woman!!!!
    ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping down the Rabbit Hole here Violet. And yes, Art always Refreshes my Soul and lifts my Spirit so I try to always make some time for myself doing Creative endeavors, even if it's Blogging! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  38. Dawn, I love your space. It's like funky/gypsy/Addams family style. It's a place where you can really create. Reading about your family, I'm sure this helps to bring beauty and healing to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my Funky Gypsy Addams Family Style Creative Haven Shell... and yes, it brings Beauty and Healing to all of us here to be surrounded by those things we Love and Love to do! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  39. Hi Dawn, I'm so glad you got your space back. It makes you so happy and it shines through in your writing. You are a good writer too! From a blogger of few words, I admire that! Thank you for the many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never be a Blogger of few words *LOL* and yet I Admire those that can be in their Blogs and allow their Imagery to speak a 1000 words for them... which is as much of a Gifting as being a Writer or a Storyteller! Thanks for coming by for a Blog Visit... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  40. Dawn I love your your studio! I just started a Pinterest board for "Bohemian style" I'm so glad that you stopped by. Looking forward to retuning and being inspired by your magical space.

    ❤ Helena
    ─ƤєтαƖ & Lαcє Ƈσттαgє ─

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love browsing Pinterest for wonderful Bohemian Images and Inspiration... so I'll have to visit your Board! Thank you for coming down my Rabbit Hole... Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  41. What a fun studio to be able to draw inspiration from. Love the suitcase shelves and your antique treasures that surround your room. Thanks for popping in to my studio and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too for coming by for a visit to the Studio Sheila. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  42. Wow! What a breathtaking studio you have. Every corner is filled with wonder. It's whimsical and rich in detail. I love it! There are so many things I'd love to have for myself: your sink to start with. :) And then there is your collection of vintage suitcases and musical cases, your cigar boxes and sewing machine drawers. Fabulous! I think it's so great that you have this space for yourself, as well as a creative space that ministers to those you care for. I can only imagine all the wonderful creations that come out of this one-of-a-kind space. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comment. I've been slowly making my way through all the creative spaces linked up on Karen's blog. So glad you shared yours. I'm a new follower. Hugs ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  43. Well then Nancy, I see we are Kindred Spirits since there are so many of my Lovelies that you would have as your Lovelies as well! *winks* Thank you for coming for a visit down my Rabbit Hole... I too am making my way down everyone else's to behold all the wonderful Spaces everyone is Sharing! I'm getting a wealth of ideas of ways to improve my Organization. Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl