Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Stall... Putting Off Seller's Regret



Okay, so I got your Attention... and Clearly this is NOT TRUE in my Case!  *Winks*  However, if any of you are truly Serious Junquers, Collectors and Human Magpies of dragging Home Beautiful Stuff, you realize the delicate balancing act that goes on between this urge... and the culling of the Hoard of what you already have accumulated in the way of your Found Treasures!!!
 
 



It's one thing to Edit and Purge things you haven't formed any Attachments to or aren't that 'into' anymore, it's quite another to get down to the nitty gritty of wading thru those things you might have formed an Attachment to or still really like or Love... and coming to The Stall point... where you Imagine you could be putting off Seller's Regret?
 
 



I've come to the conclusion that for me anyway it will likely be a Lifelong Process of Fab Stuff coming in... and Fab Stuff going out.   So it's more about the Timing of when a thing's Time has come, isn't it?  And striving not to Stall Out too often or for too long in The Process of Editing, Purging, Culling and Curating my Treasure Trove of Lovelies.
 
 



Some things are cut and dried as 'Keepers' and those aren't difficult for me to discern because clearly they're not going anywhere until my Estate is Settled post mortem.  *LOL*   But it's those Other things that are the tipping point on whether to Keep or whether to Let Go?   I've made incredible headway on the things that were EASY to Let Go and they're GONE... poof, just like that!   Not a second thought, no Regrets and relief actually that it's gone and now there's less than before.
 
 



I'm also being much more discerning about what I bring in... and limiting Purchases and Projects.  With the exception of New Inventory being Sourced for the Showrooms, but even that I've set limits upon until I really have to fill them up again.  I just don't want a lot Stored you see... or Cluttered about... the Clutter part is what bothers me with having too much of anything.
 
 



Styled Excess is Okay in my World, but if something really doesn't have a place and is just laying about... looking messy... or completely without a Purpose yet in form, function or design, then really I know it's Time has probably passed to still be here.   But it can still be difficult if it's something I'm still really liking or Loving because it's simply Awesome!  *Smiles*
 
 



It's not that I don't want something completely Awesome available to my clientele in the Showrooms... but I think you probably know what I mean?   Letting Go of something Fabulous isn't as easy as you Imagine it could or should be all the time.
 
 



As I'm in the decision-making Process of wading thru my Stuff to Edit and Purge what I Hope will be a great deal of it... I still have those Crazy Lady Conversations in my Head sometimes.  You know the ones... like what if I never find another one like this, will I then Regret having Let Go of this one?  Logically I know that once I Let Go of it and it's out of sight it will very likely be out of mind too and I'll never even miss it.  Or I'll find something else equally Awesome even if it's not the same.
 
 


 
To be sure I have had Seller's Regret sometimes... tho' rarely Buyer's Regret... but I always get over it.  After all, the Thrill Of The Hunt is always more Alluring to a Hunter-Gatherer like myself anyway than any of the Haul... well, mostly.  *Winks*
 



And at least I am still making Progress in The Process, even with the occassional Stalls.  I've found that when I'm Stalling Out it's just best to cease and desist for a while and then come back to it later with a different mood or perspective, which can change so that I make better decisions and better Progress some days than others. 
 
 



And just have a Peace about some of those dusty little piles of Awesomeness that I just cannot bear to part with because I'd rather Store them than part with them.  Just because the Patina of Age is so Perfect... or the Hue or the History or Memory... that SOME DAY they will end up Repurposed and Utilized in a way that will make them either a Keeper or something that I can flip for a nice Profit later.
 
 



And as for Supplies of Creativity... I find myself just Purging to Keep only the most desirable to me now and Offering the rest in Craft Packs or Fabric Art and Altered Art Bundles or Junque Jars... because who doesn't love THOSE?!?  *Smiles*
 
 



Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

7 comments:

  1. True about the stuff that comes and goes. And true words about timing. I bet it is hard to be a seller and make a living on things you actually would love to keep! Thanks for your kind comment, in 10 months I will see the Arizonan desert for the first time with my own eyes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we certainly have some great Junquing and Events here for the Boho Spirit... I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit to the AZ Desert!

      Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that in time we do let go of our collections. People use that word hoarding too loosely, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I used to be kinder in describing my Hoard of lovelies... but clearly I've reached Critical Mass so it probably does constitute the definition of a Hoard of Lovelies?!~ *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. Oh those Fabric Art and Altered Art Bundles sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Your new look on your cover page looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlynne... I used to update my banner often, but had some trouble logging into Big Green Labs to do the Mosaic I usually used... thankfully I FINALLY remembered the password I'd set up! *LOL* It was long overdue for a Change... and yes, Fabric Art and Altered Art Bundles are Fun... to Buy and to Sell! Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl