Friday, June 13, 2014

Realization... Curated Clutter... Some Things Will Remain Beautifully Cluttered



Happy Friday the 13th my Friends!!!
As I'm intensifying the Great Edit and Purge of Possessions I have also come to a Realization... that some things will remain Beautifully Cluttered.
 
 

 
 
As I continue to rid myself of excess that doesn't matter one iota to me and keep only that which is relevant to my Style and I Love enough that parting with it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, I'll be Okay with Curated Clutter.
 



I've Attempted a Less Is More Atmosphere and Philosophy and it just doesn't work for me.  I don't Connect to it at Home in Daily Living... though for a short Vacation it would be Okay and different in a Good way.
 
 

 
 
A Realization such as this hasn't slowed down my Enthusiasm for severely Editing and Purging and to continue to downsize... but I  now know that some rooms are just going to be as they presently are... with minimal alterations or culling of the contents.
 



 
There are too many Beloved Objects in those rooms that I simply don't want to part with or store away where they won't be Enjoyed or Showcased.   I'm not a big Fan of Storage Items you see... if it's not Seasonal Decorations and has to be Stored Away I'd rather just get rid of it.
 
 



This is in direct opposition to The Man, who tho' much more of a Minimalist and less Chaotic than I, is a fiend for Storing things Away... often for Years... and to me there doesn't seem to be much point in that.   If I haven't seen it or used it in Years and it's been in Storage, then I just don't Need it and probably don't even Want it anymore... or I Forgot about it completely, so where is the Attachment?!
 
 



I think there must be different types of Hoarding as well as Levels... and I'm just not of the Storage Hoard Type I guess.  I can Clean Out a Storage Area... be it an exclusive Storage Unit or Building, or a Closet and Drawers in short order.   The decision making Process for Letting Go of Stored Items is swift for me and absolutely painless.
 
   


But I know that tho' Letting Go is becoming easier and easier for me and I'm making huge strides in Curating our Possessions considerably... I will eventually reach a point where I'll have to halt... because what will be left will be the Cream of my Crop!   And clearly I have accumulated a lot of Cream in my Crop after all these Years of Hunting and Gathering Found Treasures!  *LOL*
 
 


And if it is no longer bothersome and I can take care of what remains, I'll probably be Okay with that level of Curated Clutter.   And if I'm not, for whatever reason, I shall have to dig deep and make more painful or emotional choices to part with that which I don't really WANT to, but obviously NEED to.  I think that will be the hardest part of this Journey I've embarked upon... when I Arrive at that particular Crossroads of the Process.
 
 



Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why Thank You Belladonna... it's always a Pleasure to provide Inspiration and to Receive it here in the Land of Blog. Thanks for coming for a Blog Visit.
      Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  2. O.K.! It's O.K. to keep all our beloved junk! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... it's Okay Marlynne... we can both breathe a sigh of relief now, right? *winks* Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  3. You certainly design your curated clutter in a nice way! The bracelet perched on the shells, the crowns on the skull vodka bottles! I have always been jealous of those who can do messy chic, I can do clean or total mess, total mess being my default setting. I don't have any problem with the occasional huge purge of my opshopped wardrobe, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messy Chic... I LOVE the ring of that! *Winks* I shall have to Title a Blog Post with that name because it certainly describes my Aesthetic and Style of Decorating! *LOL*
      Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  4. Your self-knowledge is refreshing :)
    I'm think there is Freedom in making peace with One's Self as well as One's Maker....
    And oh, how I wish you lived next door! I came home with a pair of small busts of Jesus that I'd love to have your opinion of...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Rebecca... hopefully you'll share them here in the Land of Blog and I can then give you a High Five at procuring some Beautiful Religious Art... my Religious Art Collections are my oldest Collections and most Beloved. Though I have parted with some as I upgrade, some will be permanent Treasures that I couldn't bear to part with. Dawn... The Bohemian

      Delete
  5. Hi Dawn,

    What an impressive collection you have!

    Wishing you a happy week ahead!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how much I respect you for being such a strong woman hero for me, but I have to be honest and tell you I am stealing the Curated Clutter phrase and hanging it on my front door. "Caution: Curated Clutter Ahead" my sign will read. I love odd bits and pieces and my husband only complains a little when time comes to make a path through a room. Then I purged mercilessly objects I have not used or seen in awhile. I see you are saving the cream of the crop. My granny used to say " Cream always rises to the top." It won't be hard to distinguish what is cream to you. Be well. Be strong. Be Dawn. Of the Arizona Desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not clutter!! Eye candy! I love all those skulls. I say keep whatever makes you happy
    Breana

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl