Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Delayed Gratification



Delayed Gratification... I'm not always very good at it.  I'm a Creature of Habit and I always have my Girl's Day Out Scheduled for the Third Thursday of each Month and so I look forward with anticipation to that particular day.   When the time comes and then I can't go... I confess, I'm Misery personified.  After all, since it's one lousy day in a whole Month to look forward to, it can be crushing when I cannot go due to Personal Reasons interfering with my rare and Cherished 'Me Time'!  This Month had been such a Month... and Girl's Day Out had to be Cancelled and Suspended for me and I wasn't exactly sure when or if there would be one at all this Month?  *Sob*
 
 



If a delay is indefinite until you await whatever plays out... it can seem like a mighty long time, feel like an Eternity, and hang like a Black Cloud.   The Man acknowledged my Disappointment, since it had been a trio of Family Health Crisis, including his, to sideline my Special Day in May... and he has tried to make it up to me... in part with this Lovely Necklace Creation from an Upcycled Vintage Watch, which I just Love!  Thank You Honey, da Bling is better than a good medicine and can seem to Cure whatever ails ya, or maybe that's just me, I dunno??!!!  *Winks*
 
 



Princess T had also been quite Morose... after all, she's a Girl... and hadn't had her Girl's Day Out this Month with Gramma either... it's one on one Time we particularly look forward to doing together.   So she was totally Jazzed when I suggested that Memorial Day Weekend we'd set aside a day for that delayed Girl's Day Out we both desperately needed.   She was a bit miffed that she couldn't get into Miss Shelly's Mini Gypsy Manse this time and could just peek inside... after all, she didn't wanna only look Miss Shelly, she wants to OWN this thing and MOVE IN!  *LOL*  Or at least Pretend it's hers and she Lives there... and she's not the only one GF, Gramma does a heady dose of Pretending herself!  *Winks*
 
 

 
 
But she quickly got over it whilst visiting the Sister Shops of RUST AND ROSES and SIRENS AND SAINTS.   Of coarse she got duly Spoiled Rotten by my Friends there... as did I... so it softened and tempered the Disappointment of having missed...
 
 
 
 
All of THIS, among other things, that had transpired during my Cancelled Girl's Day Out for my usual Third Thursday!  When you know your Special Day is chock full of a slew of OOAK Special Events it's very, very difficult to not be able to go at the last possible minute and be sidelined by Crisis, Infirmity or whatever comes up unexpectedly and dashes your Plans!  I heard it all was Spectacular, as I knew it would be... but that was now water under the bridge and I we decided we'd make our re-set Special Day ultra Special in a different way...
 
 


With Retail Therapy!!!  Works for us anyway!  *Winks*  So... we found this Gorgeous Vintage Belgian Cut Velvet Tablecloth at a great price...
 
 



And this Vintage Industrial Style set of Bar Stools Created from Upcycled Re-Bar and Antique European Feed Sack Materials for a mere $29 each!  *Happy Dance!!!*
 
 


Just the right blend for me of French Country and Vintage Industrial for the Art Studio and more Creation Station seating.   This one I Loved the Old Repairs to the Cloth keeping it utilitarian over the Years in a Time when we weren't a disposable Society.
 
 

 
 
And I liked that the portion of the Cloth used to upholster the Stools made good use of the Stripes in the Cloth too.   I J'Adore Antique European Feed and Grain Sack Materials, so Organic and Simple yet Sturdy and Visually Appealing.
 
 


Tho' the Princess got her Bohemian Bling, she had to bring it to my Attention that, "Look, this Vintage Bike matches my Ensemble Gramma...!!!"  Duly noted... like I hadn't noticed with her standing right next to it with the 'My aren't we Pink Today' obvious as hell and written all over it and her!   *LOL*  Right now one of her Favorite Artists is the Singer Pink and her distinctive Style of Adorable Fiesty Attitude Tomboy Chic.  That Style is right in line with Princess T's Personality of Scrappy yet Fashionably Chic.  *Winks*
 
 



While there we both were gushing over this Vintage Belgian Cut Velvet Hat... and a Young Woman standing behind us bought it before we left.  She was so Cute and this will look Stunning on her.  I Love to see Unique Pieces of Vintage Fashion being worn by the Younger Generation and given New Life and distinctive Fresh Style for this Generation.   Too much is mass produced now to stand out in a crowd unless you have your own Personal Style and the Confidence to wear it proudly.
 



And for End of Season Clearance ALL Commercial Salvaged Letters, regardless of size, were all one low price each!!!   *Whoop Whoop!!!*
 
 



I spied some Black with tiny white Dots Letters and wondered if there would be enough of them to spell out something Special or Profound for the Art Studio Bedroom Make-Over?
 
 



Ta-da... yep... the Favorite Color and Patina of all Junquers... RUST!!!  *Winks*   That'll do... load 'em up!!!    So these came Home with us too!
 
 



But we did a lot of Window Shopping as well as actual Shopping... since Inspiration abounds at both Shops.
 
 



And losing oneself in Gypsy Gal Paradise is like being at Home Away From Home for us...
 
 



I mean, can one EVER have enuf Vintage Motel Outdoor Seating... I think not!!!  These Classic Shell Design Motel Chairs are a Staple for Outdoor Entertaining... and finding a set of four in great condition... booyah!   No... I didn't buy them only because I already have so much Vintage Outdoor Seating here at Bohemian Valhalla you'd think I was Hosting an Outdoor Concert or somethin'!  *Winks*
 
 

 
 
And we always look forward to the Socializing at the Shops with our Friends on our Girl's Day Out too... so it's not ALL about what we happen to 'Score' and drag Home with us like the spoils of War as if we just Raided and Plundered a small Historic Village!  *Ha ha ha!*
 
 

 
And I must say, since the Great Edit and Purge began a couple of Years ago with the five-to-one Rule of one thing comes 'In' means five things go 'out', we're a lot more discerning about purchases.  So, if I don't absolutely Love it, have a functional need for it or can flip it for profit, I'm just gonna Enjoy lookin' at it and being Inspired by it without the need to get it.
 
 




Though Shelly's Shops always have a Wealth of Inventory that are mighty Tempting and are just My Style!  *Smiles*
 
 



So it's always Enjoyable to meander around and behold all the latest Lovelies... and Styling of it all!
 
 

 
 
And you never really can be certain what you can't Live without until you see it, right?  *Winks*
 
 
 
 
And things that I have a Wealth of stashed at Home, but get Inspired on different ways to Showcase them or Style with them, while I'm at the Shop Admiring the Vignettes.  Yes, I have an abundance of furry lil Vintage dead critter pelts... it's like a demented Viking's Graveyard for Orphaned Antique Furs.  I can't help it, if I find a Cheap Old Fur, it's coming Home with me 'cause they can't have just died in vain with nobody to value past Ultimate Sacrifice now can they?!  Discarded and forsaken Old Furs just make me Sadder than the precious Animal having given up it's Life for the sake of Fashion or Sport!  It's weird logic I know, but that's just how I Feel about it... I've never killed anything, but I've never wasted or not Respected the Sanctity of anything's Life either.
 
 


And I so Admire anyone else's Gift of having a Green Thumb and Nurturing Plants as well... Shelly clearly has that Gift and in her Garden areas of the Shops it's abundantly evident.
 
 



Doesn't this just want to make you Salvage all your Interesting Old Cans and mass them together in Container Gardens for your Flowering Plants, Veggies and Herbs?   I'm a sucker for Interesting Packaging... the more Colorful or Exotic and Unusual the better... and I like Container Planting in them.
 
 



And then there are my Friend Angela's Amazing Gypsy Belt Creations from Vintage Cowboy Belts, Bohemian Bling, Hand-Dyed Velvet and Stone... *Swooning*   Even tho' I already own a Collection of them... I can't get enough of them Visually... and you probably won't be able to either... so here's a bounty of Close-Ups for you to Enjoy...
 
 
 


No further Words necessary... the Art Speaks for itself!!!
 
 












 
 
You've OD'd on the Beauty of them haven't you?  And Subliminally now you desperately WANT one don't you?   Even if, like me, you don't even have a Waist anymore!?!  *Winks*  I just have my Vintage Mannequin Gals Model them for me so I can just look at them like the Art they are!  Well... 'til I get my Girlish Figure back that is!  *Smiles*
 
 


And then I'll be lookin' like THIS!  *Winks*  Hey, in the famous words of Comedienne Judy Tenuta, "It could happen! ' BTW: That's the Talented Angela in the background  waiting to Surprise me with the Spectacular Silver Art Nouveau Cuff Bracelet she Created and Gifted me with!!!  My Friends are so Good to me!
 
 



And it's also Important to be Good to yourself too... so I'm Happy to report that a recent Doctor's Visit revealed that all my stats were now in the 'Green' regarding Diabetic numbers and my hard work and tenacity at regulating the disease and changing habits that might be aggravating the condition is paying off!  That's reason enough to Celebrate, right?   Apparently the other aches and pains that have been plaguing me are just a result of having lived this long and squeezed a lot out of Life... so I'm Okay with that since it's Normal... and beats the alternative, right?  *Winks*
 
 



So... if I can just manage more Rest and Relaxation I'll be Golden... and get the Stress levels of Full Time Caregiving down.   I've been throwing any ballast overboard that threatens to weigh me down... including and not limited to un-necessary possessions, unhealthy situations I can avoid and excess weight!  *Smiles*
 
 



What's been weighing YOU down lately that you could discard, avoid or consider ballast in your Life?
 
 



Whatever it may be... consider ridding yourself of it and lighten your load too...
 
 

 
 
Blessings, Peace and Love coming to you from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Great news on your health report! Glad you finally got a day out with granddaughter. I know a day away from stress and responsibility can work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess T is so lucky to have such a wonderful grandma! and you to have her of course, she seems the ideal perfect companion. Those belts are wonderful. I'm glad fashion isn't rigid like it used to be, and people can make their own ideas up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shell chairs around a table would be the perfect solution to a new patio I've scraped together -- pity they and my transport are many miles apart! Cosmos in pots is another pretty idea. Easy, too, those plants would sprout in an unemptied ashtray.

    Inspired by your newly refurbished studio, dear Dawn, I'm making room for a crafting corner in the garage by dispursing Old Metal Things into The Flow: e.g., the roofing crew departed with a bonus tool chest; the co-worker who mentioned a dying push mower received an elderly monster self-propelled mower up for adoption... When there's room to swing the largest cat (who's supervising the project), the painting will begin.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl