Friday, March 28, 2014

So... Did You Miss Me?



So... did you miss me?  I've been so involved with the Art Studio Cottage Makeover... and trips to Social Security that took all day, that I'd completely forgotten how long it had been since I'd done a Blog Post, visited Facebook or been Online at all!   More on all that in a Future Post... for now we'll Focus on all of the other Beautiful Images and Activities we Enjoyed during the SWEET SALVAGE Event this Month.

 

I had taken the entire Family to the Event on Saturday because BOHO FARM AND HOME and URBAN TABLE~BLUE SKY ORGANIC FARMS were going to be in the house Hosting a Farm to Table Workshop and offering Fresh Foods and Produce from their wide selection of Products!   I knew that The Man and the G-Kid Force would be all over Sampling the Products and Recipes that were being Shared at the Workshop.  *Smiles*  And Supporting Local Organic Farms is something I'm Passionate about... to ensure they continue to thrive and also to provide Healthy Local Grown and Raised alternatives to our Family's Diet.  To me buying Organic is always well worth the Investment in yourself and your Family... since you can pay a little more now for Fresh and Organic Foods... or pay much more later when your Health fails or is compromised from eating less Healthy alternatives... I'll choose the former Thank You!
 
 
 
 
I must say Prince R was in his height of Glory talking Culinary Arts and Sampling the Goods at the URBAN TABLE spread.  *Smiles*  He does possess a Natural Refined Palate and you'd think he was a Classically Trained Chef ready to face off against Bobby Flay in an Episode of  'Iron Chef' since he's absorbed so much knowledge like a sponge from endless hours of being glued to the Food Network Channel!  *LOL*   My Dad was a Retired Master Chef, so who knows... maybe it's in his Genetic Code to follow in Great-Grand-Dad's Footsteps and possess a Natural Talent for the Culinary Arts?  Of coarse, the Young Prince is on Fire for a lot of things he's Passionate about at the Moment and wants to become an Expert on... and right now it's Food... but next week it could be something else... his Passions can be fleeting and diverse depending on what's holding his Interest right now?!   *Smiles*
 
 




One of our mutually agreed upon Favorites at the BOHO FARM AND HOME spread was the Moroccan Preserved Lemons... Prince R Adores Fresh Lemons and was fascinated on how to prepare our own Moroccan Preserved Lemons... easy peasy!   But, since it takes weeks to Age... he insisted we buy a jar so we didn't have to wait when we got Home to make some of that delish Kale and Quinoa Salad with Preserved Moroccan Lemon Dressing!  *Winks*
 
 

 
 
Here was the Workshop in Progress Teaching us how it is done... and then Samples of the delish Salad passed out to Enjoy!  *YUM!*  It took no arm twisting for the Young Prince to convince me we definitely NEEDED a Jar of those Moroccan Preserved Lemons NOW to take Home with us!  *LOL*  And the very next day we were making our own Kale and Quinoa Salad for Lunch!
 
 



And a simple version of this Moroccan Preserved Lemon mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and poured over a Greens and Strawberry Feta Salad is Divine!!!   And it lasts for up to one year in your fridge... not that it would last that long in our house... I suspect it will be gone by next month, or sooner at the rate we're using it!  *Smiles*
 
 



We also picked up a dozen of these Colorful Fresh Eggs at the Event... I Loved the Light Green ones... makes me feel like Easter Egg Chicken laid them, no dying necessary!  *Winks*
 
 



I probably shouldda bought more than a dozen since these are going fast too...
 
 



We Love Fresh Farmer's Market Products from Local Small Farms in our Community.
 
 




We've always been fortunate that every Kiddo in the Bohemian Valhalla Household has preferred Fresh Foods to Fast Foods or Junk Foods... given a choice they'll chose Fresh from the Farm or made from scratch every time.  That's how we grew up too... my Parents always made everything from scratch and shopped European Style, buying what we needed for that day or for just the next few days.   And The Man's Family were avid Hunters and grew most of their own Veggies and Fruits and Canned everything in Season to last thruout the Year.
 
 



At the Event there were so many Lovely Vintage Containers filled with Fresh Wheat Grass... I need to get around to growing some of that to eat too... and it always looks so Springtime Lovely in Vignettes around the house until you Harvest it.   If you keep cutting it then it won't go Yellow and will keep growing back.   Sweet Julie was telling me that she gave her Mom some of the Wheat Grass Displays prior to the Event to Plant-Sit for her while they were out of Town, that made me Smile.  Obviously her Mom did a fine job of Plant-Sitting because it all looked so healthy and robust!
 



In fact, my Favorite part about Ushering Spring in is preparing the Gardens with new Plantings and bringing some of the Outside In, in the form of Greenery and Florals.
 
 



Now, though the Family truly Enjoyed Attending the Event, they're never all that thrilled with my Pathological Picture Taking, which I want to include them in some of... can't you tell?  *LOL*  Their expressions seems resigned to the Reality of, "We know we're going to end up as Blog Fodder aren't we?"   Well, of coarse you are!!!  *Smiles*   And actually, getting out in Public after his Traumatic Brain Injury is still causing quite a bit of Anxiety for The Man, as you can clearly see by his Frightened Expression, so we never stay too long in any one place when he's Practicing being out of his Element and in Public with the Family nowadays.  But I'm very Proud of him for trying so hard and really Working on it, he's getting better at extending his Outings and not being as Overwhelmed or Confused by the Experience. 
 
 


When he was Well he used to Enjoy going Junquing with me, especially the Thrill of the Hunt for Rusty Gold on the Back Roads.   We had many a Road Trip which Scored some Fabulous Finds and each one holds Precious Memories of those Adventures.  We also Enjoyed those Outings where we took only Pictures and left only Footprints as we Visited every Ghost Town we could find between Arizona and Nevada.  I miss that a lot... but Hopefully he'll be up to it again one day, that's our Long Term Goal anyways.
 
 



But for now my Short Term Goals are quite Simple... get some Wheat Grass growing in my own Salvaged Containers...
 
 



And just Enjoy Local Trips that only take part of a Morning or an Afternoon with the Family, before returning Home.  I've got plenty to do around Bohemian Valhalla to keep me busy too... as the Art Studio Cottage is coming right along... I'm painting right now and laying Persian Rugs... and bringing in Found Treasure Furnishings from the Storage Cottage that I've been stockpiling for this long overdue Project to come to fruition!   I now have a Purpose for that Hoard of Antique Chairs, Vintage Taxidermy, Vintage Industrial Lighting, Upcycled Tables and Storage Units!  *LOL*
 
 

 
 
And it's always so good to get out and Visit with Friends who Host these Amazing Events and make them come to Life with their Talented Designing with all the Wonderful Inventory they've Sourced and are Offering to the General Public.   The Social Isolation of Full Time Caregiving can often Get To me so I really look forward to getting out and about when I can.   And also to have the Time to sit here and Blog and visit Facebook, which is a Virtual Social Outing of sorts to spend with you all... and another Cherished Form of Artistic Expression that I can do from Home when I can't get out or spend Time in the Studio {yet}. 
 



In fact, I can hardly wait now that the Studio is coming together nicely and rather quickly, to get to the point I can start bringing in my huge Cache of Art Supplies, Vintage Fabrics, Vintage Dress Forms and Bits and Bobs to Create with again!!!   So many Wonderful Projects and Visuals have Inspired me and are now Dancing around on the Canvas of my Imagination so I'm Eager to begin getting Lost in the Creative Process again and have Designed the Studio this time around to Accommodate Family and Friends so they can join me when they're Feeling their own Creative Juices flowing.
 
 



Today while I was painting one of the Main Studio Room's Walls Black, The Man came in with a load of his Cherished Skullies from Hunts he'd been on back in da day and his Younger Brother, who is a Taxidermist, had prepared for him.   He'd had them all these Years in his own Work Shop Cottage on our Property... but decided that they would look Perfect as an Addition to my Art Studio's Vibe and told me it would be Okay for me to Pimp them out Gypsy Style!!!   I couldn't Believe my ears or my Good Fortune... and it really Touched me Deeply because I know how much they mean to him.  And it especially Touched me that now he wants to be a part of the Vision I have for the New Art Studio Cottage Makeover and get Involved with the Projects we'll all do there Together.  Having Trauma to the Right Side of his Brain has actually Stimulated his Artistic Side and Expression of Emotions, so that has been one of the unexpected Mixed Blessings that came with the Catastrophic Injury.
 
 



So I can't wait to get him Involved in the Creative Projects and Process to see what he comes up with?   And of coarse the G-Kid Force just Love to Create, I Believe all Children do and are so Uninhibited with their Imaginations and Creativity... so it tends to be Pure Genius with no Limits or Boundaries.
 
 

 
 
Prince R is Naturally Gifted at Sculpting... he can Fashion the most Amazing Creations out of Clay in the blink of an Eye.   And Creates for the Pure Enjoyment of the Process... he's not at all Attached to the Outcome as he will usually Proudly Show it Off and then immediately Destroy it to Create something else with the same material he Fashioned it from!!!   Or he'll spend Hours doing a Mural outside with Chalks knowing that the Elements will Obliterate it but he doesn't Care one iota and it doesn't Inhibit his Joy of the Process of Creating it for the Brief Temporal Enjoyment. To me that is a True Artist's Heart... Creating for the Sake of Creating and Feeding the Soul.
 
 


And Speaking of Creating... I shall be Creating even more Posts to use up the bajillion Images I took at the Event and some of the other Favorite Shops we Visited this Month.  So I do Hope you'll come back and continue to Join us?!
 
 

 
 
We'll see you then... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian
 


6 comments:

  1. I DID miss you! With more time (temporarily, I hope) on my hands since my hip replacement, I make the blog rounds more frequently and DID notice you were gone for a few days. The Food Show sounds like fun....glad the fam could accompany you.

    I look forward to a dedicated post or two to your studio. (It's hard for me to separate out which photos are of its evolution and which are those of Shoppes and Shows.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Missed you. This looks like another great event though. One of these days I'm going to jump on a big jet plane and join you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to do a family outing, Dawn ... and I'm thrilled that your Art Studio is progressing nicely. Even more thrilled that one of its walls will be black!!!! ;)

    I believe that shows True Love when one will give up their beloved taxidermy collection for the other. :)

    P.S. Tell Prince R. I covet his Affliction t-shirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i had missed you! Figured something terrible had happened. glad that wasn't the case! So glad your rt Studio is coming along fast! a sneak peak would be nice! Glad your husband is getting involved in it too! Sounds like a good future for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to see your colorful and always interesting blog back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wheat grass, twin kittens, a gift of precious head bones from your beloved -- the signs of spring at the Bohemian Valhalla! And those colorful Arucana eggs! The juices of creativity are flowing: one awaits the grand opening of the studio with pleasant anticipation.

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl