Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Procession ~ Dia de los Muertos



Sorry the Post is a little late, but as promised I'm taking you along on the day of the Procession of the Dia de los Muertos Celebration we attended.   I'm making it a Visually Epic Party length since you so patiently waited for it... *Winks*... Enjoy...
 
 

















Princess T insisted that Gramma get in front of the camera for at least one Shot, she's honing her Photographer Skills... *Smiles*
 
 










 This Young Woman reminded me so very much of our Youngest Daughter {who is the Mother of the G-Kid Force}... even Princess T noticed the uncanny resemblance, even with Calavera Make-Up, to her Mommy.
 
 









































 







                  Kathy Cano-Murillo, 'The Crafty Chica', was there... I Adore her Vibrant Style and her Crafty Instructional Books on how to Create some of your own 'Crafty Chica Style' Wearable Art, so it was a Joy to meet her in person and see so much of her Amazing Work up close. 
 
            






 

































And yes, I'll be partaking of the Dia de los Muertos Altar Wine a little bit each day... so expect more rambling Posts!  *LOL*
 
 






Salud my Friends!!!  I do Hope you've Enjoyed coming along on The Procession with us Virtually?
 
 

 




 
 
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian... and the G-Kid Force
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so fabulously colourful and inspiring! Love it all x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this marvelous feast for the eyes and soul! (I'm certain the altar wine provides special medicinal properties.)

    The elements of Native American participation are especially fascinating -- wish one could hear the rhythms of their marching music!!

    During my first visit to the great earthwork in Cahokia, across the river from St. Louis, MO, I was fortunate to encounter an archaeologist walking back across the Great Plaza toward the car lot. We followed the path together and, of course, I asked his private opinion of what became of the people who created this great city and monument. At that moment, two young Mexican-American groundsmen passed us -- and there on the Great Plaza, these young men were kicking a soccer ball about as they trotted by... The scientist smiled at them, then at me and said: "I don't know why they left, but y'know, I do believe they're coming back."

    If only one could see the faces of the spirits entering the celebration and procession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dawn, I just love all of the wonderful photos you have posted of this Dia de los Muertos festival. I am guessing it is the one in Tucson or Phoenix, as I think I recognize Zarco Guerrero's masks and figures. I was in a DOD show with Zarco in Longmont, Colorado two years ago. Please let me know where this event was. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl