Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Eight Dollar Antique Chair

 
 
It was Love at First Sight!
  

 
 
I wasn't even looking to 'Score' a Found Treasure or intentionally Junquing... just waiting for a Prescription to be filled and killing time.
 



But there it was in all it's Glory!  It took my breath away... I J'Adore Antique Furniture, especially with Detailed Carved Wood Accents like Lion's Feet or Eagle Claws on the Arms and Legs!
 


 
 
And with Fabulous Antique Upholstery that has remained relatively intact and was in my Fav Hues... yes, this one definitely had all the bells and whistles for me!  Dare it be the first Upholstery Project for 2013 to Gypsify!?
 
 


There really wouldn't even be a lot for me to do to Upgrade this for Bohemian Valhalla!  Some Colorful Silk Fringed Seam Binding and Rope Fringes, Vintage Velvet and Antique Belgian Metallic Trims... and shore up the underside with new Canvas Upholstery Strips since that was the only place that really had a Condition Issue.
 
 

 
 
I was almost afraid to look at the Price they might want for MY Chair!?  And it was hard for me to contain myself when it was a mere $7.99... yes, I said Seven Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents my Friends!  And it's SO squishy Comfortable!
*Color me Happy and keep the Penny!*  
 
 


So I Eagerly loaded up my Eight Dollar Antique Chair and hauled it back and into the Storage Cottage I am busily clearing out in the Great Edit and Purge which started in 2012 and will continue into 2013.  Stay Tuned for the Reveal on my First Upholstery Project for 2013...  


 

Please join us over at COMMON GROUND for the "Be Inspired" Blog Party... what is Inspiring you at the start of this New Year my Friends?
 
Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't YOU blessed? (It's a good thing you got there before me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, that is fantastic!
    It couldn't have found a better home than with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Dawn this chair was custom made for you! XO, Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a score! Hardly needs anything at all. Oh how I miss the junking these days. Blessings to you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at finding treasures. Hope your New Year is full of them. Richard and Sissy Dog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Score!!! Happy New Year gifty to you!!! Awesome find!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is gorgeous . . . It makes you just want to curl up in it with a good book :)
    great find!!!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Dawn! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    This chair is fantastic! I can't believe the price. It's a fantastic find. I can only imagine how thrilled you were to find it!

    I wish you all the best in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn...you go girl, what an awesome pickup...l truly think l'm turning a slight greeny shade..haha!! What a fantastic start to the New Year and by the way...happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn - what a FAB score!!! It was meant to be found by YOU!! Did you find this at the same location where they price the rugs you love for like a $1??? Good thing those folks that price the merchandise don't share the same BOHO style...LOL!

    -PaMeLa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes... that's exactly where I found it Pamela! May Boho Style be overlooked there for a very long time so that the Boho Treasures wait for me to scoop them up! *LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a treasure...and in such good condition and a price that couldn't be passed by. Oh enjoy it...I could think of tons of places to have one like that in my house

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl