Friday, April 29, 2011

Some Random Loves For Vintage Inspiration & Photo Feature Friday


Today's Post will just take you on a visual Tour of some of the random things I Love and which provide endless Inspiration for me, not just on Fridays *winks*, but every day...

Junk, pure & simple, other people's trash & discards are very often my Found Treasures...

And theres...


Cloches and Old Rosaries...


Vintage Persian Carpets...


Vintage Metal Filigree, Lotions & Potions...


Angels and Vintage Doorknobs...


Fountains...



And Carnivals...


Historic Landmarks...


Watching the Children of my BFF's grow up & have Families of their own...


Butterflies...


And Grand Old Victorians being lovingly restored...


Old Doors...


Antique Needlepoint...


My Garden in Bloom...


Old Silver...


Italian Tole Chandies & Vintage Seltzer Bottles...


Feedsack Pillows...


French Enamel Body Pitchers...


Cats, Architectural Salvage & Old Stained Glass Windows


Morrocan Tea Glasses...


How Children can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, whilst doing anything...


Spending time with the Lord...


Old Columns & Candelabras...


Religious Statuaries...


Victorian Ceiling Tin...


French Bistro Chairs, Footlockers & Old Western Paraphernalia...


Rust and the objects it has given it's unique patina to...


Vintage Dress Forms...


Sleeping Babies...


Art depicting Sleeping Babies...


Anything Mardi Gras...


Old Suitcases & Spiritual Art...


Upcycled Fashions...


Greenery & Vintage Patio/Motel Furniture...


Modest Crystal Chandies...


And Over-The-Top Crystal Chandies...


And how Crystals refract Light and change Colors...


Peacock Feathers & Icons...


Velvet & Lace...


Carpetbags *This lovely one created by Shelly Session*


And of coarse, Bohemian Bling...

Yes my Loves are many and varied... this is merely a "Short List" of just some of the things I Love and makes my Heart sing... what are some of YOURS my Friends???

May you always be surrounded by those you Love and what you Love...

And why don't you join us to share some of what you Love at the Blog Party over at Debra's COMMON GROUND for Vintage Inspiration Friday!?



And for those of you who love Photography and learning more about how to take better pictures for your Blogs, join us over at A ROSY NOTE for Photo Feature Friday, this week's suggested Theme or Challenge was PINK... I'm still perfecting 'The Close-Up' using my inexpensive little point and shoot digital camera... it's coming along though and I'm enjoying the results, though I was conflicted on which close-up to use and finally settled on the Velvet Roses of a fav Top made by my Friend Angela of RARE EARTH DESIGNS. My amateur tip is to just take several stills until you're happy with the results and then delete from your Memory Card what you don't need and won't use... I still have some trouble with close-ups being blurry because I don't have a professional grade camera... but I SO Love close-ups so I'm determined to get some good ones to share here in the Land Of Blog! *winks* 


Dawn... The Bohemian

*Many of today's Photos were taken at RUST & ROSES and SAGE... Persian Carpet & Morrocan Tea Glass Images cribbed from E-Bay Auctions*

16 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn......you and I pretty much like the same things....only...not all of it being in the same place at once.. LOL LOL
    xo
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, WOW, WOW Dawn that is fabulous inspiration!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!Have a wonderful weekend:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this stuff is not all in your house, is it??? We share a love of spiritual art and images --

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Great stuff!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, where to start? Love the religious statuaries! kids and kitties,chandys...You're inspiring me with all the fun. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some good stuff girlfriend! Hey I recognize that dresser scarf! *winks* And I just sold an almost identical set of hartmann luggage. AND I also have a matching set of the girandole you showed.
    Yeppers I love the same things you do. Mhy list is LONGGGGG! *winks*
    Isn't it funny how giant vintage letters spelling out the word "JUNK" are anything but?! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! So much to see here! Thanks for sharing a fun post! I think my favorite has to be the vintage needlepoint... Love it!
    Happy VIF!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I am normal after all...I adore all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous finds! I love to watch sleeping babies too! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok Dawn, these images are just beautiful. Love image #1 and the one with the columns. Were these taken at Rust & Roses, I would sure love to know. Happy Royal Day, T

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful inspirational images! I'm gonna have to get my hands on some flour sac pillows! So, a question, have you seen Water for Elephants? The decor is so beautiful in the movie! I want to live on a train!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn it's funny that you would mention wanting an articulated hand....Well not sooo funny because we seem to love the same things *winks* but I almost bought an entire articulated arm (to the shoulder) One of my favorite antique/junk stores had two of them. There was a little finger broken on one and a different finger broken on the other. I was thinking if I bought them both maybe the hubbs could combine the two and fix one? But the price was $50 each. A LOT too rich for my taste so I passed, but they were old ones and so so cool!

    About the taxidermy thing....I'm soooo torn! I hate the thought that someone killed an animal just to display it. But on the flip side I'm longing for one of those huge victorian domes filled with small taxidermy birds. I also can't stand the idea of anything dying so I can eat it, but I loves me a good steak! *sighs* There's definitely a battle of ying and yang with me.
    Sounds like you have more important battles my friend. I'm sorry you're going through the craps. The blogging world is pretty good for an escape though. I hope whatever's going on goes away quickly. I've got my palms clasped for ya girlfriend.

    Changing topic.....I bought that armoire to display my quilts. I have enough to fill the entire armoire and then some! But when I filled it with only quilts, it didn't look as good as I'd imagined.....Do you know how that goes? So I've been trying to tweak it to get just the right look. I haven't managed it yet. Some people (like you *winks*) just know how to vignette. It comes very hard for me. I need to move things around for hours and hours and stand back repeatedly just to create anything remotely visually pleasing *sighs* Oh well if that's my greatest burden to bear I'll be a very happy camper!
    On that semi positive note I'll stop yakking and get outside to enjoy some rare sun! Vanna


    Oh I just have to add that the word recognition was "holesthru"...How apropos!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms. B. Happy Royal Wedding day and all that stuff. Yes, I got up at 4 this morning to watch it. Was a little disappointed by "The Dress". Love all the pagentry. I always enjoy your blog and your favorite things did inspire. I know about tough times, I am having them too!!! CRY!CRY! I wish I could wave a magic wond and we both could be better. I love this blog stuff and it has given me something to do and look forward too, that does not cost any money, as there just isn't any in the world ,I guess. I know I don't have any and the people who come in the shop, don't seem to ,either.???!!!!???? Just the Royals, they have all the money!!! Damn em.They say money can't buy happiness. well it can buy piece of mind and security. Loves Ya. Richard and Sissy Dog does too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous list Dawn...sleeping babies - aaaahhhh - be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, love those feed sack pillows. Thanks for linking to Photo Feature Friday.

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful photos!! Great blog - glad to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl