Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rosary Sunday

















It's time once again for Rosary Sunday... today I'm sharing a couple of Figural Rosaries, they are among my favorite types since the figures encased in each bead are so beautiful and special.  Usually the figures are of Jesus, the Blessed Mother, the Sacred Heart, a Saint or the Cross.  I'm also sharing another Irish Horn Antique Rosary.  The Amethyst tubular Glass Bead Rosary is one of my creations. And finally, though not a Rosary, I'm sharing a favorite style of Religious Art, the Icon... this one made into a small hand-held Pendant.  The G-Kids photo is thrown in for good measure just because their precious faces always make me smile and nothing I've collected, no matter how magnificent, compares with the brilliantly beautiful Smile of a precious Child...  Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Dawn for your sweet words and for visiting my blog!
    Lovely figures! The Icon with the blessed mother is my favourite, so beautiful!!
    And really cute kids:)
    Nice to find your blog!
    Wish you a beautiful sunday!
    Cilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder that today is Sunday, and it's time for worship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn they're so gorgeous!! And that icon....Well envy is NOT a good thing to express on rosary Sunday....So I'll call it "Happy for you wish I had one too" Rhyming rosary Sunday! *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl