Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Vision In Blue














It arrived today, beautifully gift wrapped with a Vintage Millinery Flower and Lace Bows, nestled in an organza Bag with the surprise of a complimentary set of matching earrings, also creatively packaged.  I'm not often drawn to Blue... but every so often I see something that is a vision in Blue... such as this beautiful Necklace creation by Artist Jennifer Valentine of Sacred Cake.  I am always drawn to Religious inspired Art... so when it's also a piece of custom Jewelry, it doesn't get much better than that.  This piece resembles Vintage Rosary Beads, with three kinds of glass beads, the Blessed Mother on an ornate Filigree buckle and the back of the Necklace has a lovely Blue Enamel Holy Medal, also with the Virgin Mary image.  Of coarse I immediately photographed it all to death *wink*... one can never have too many images of a beautiful creation IMO.  Jennifer, I adore these lovely creations and how very generous of you to include a pair of matching earrings... Dawn... The Bohemian 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your beautiful visit to my vintage hand painted tray!

    I so enjoy seeing you little treasurse and becoming inspired by what you create and inspire over here.

    I hope to visit and see alot of you this coming year :)

    Keep inspiring us with your creative beauty!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sweet to stop by and comment. thank you thank you! all the best in 2011!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl