Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interior Alchemy... Color Me Speechless!







Image by Tobias Harvey


















Source: Jeanne Bayol







Source: Suzanne Hudson








Source: Magnolia Pearl

Source: Magnolia Pearl


It's not often that I'm left absolutely speechless... but tonight I stumbled upon a slice of visual Bohemian Heaven in the form of Interior Alchemy. *major swoon*  It is a Tumblr site and all images are cribbed from somewhere else in the vast resources of cyber-image-land... a few I instantly recognized as Magnolia Pearl interior images and an interior of a Jeanne Bayol Vardo... I couldn't tell you the sources the other images were gleened from or how accurately they're sourced on the site?  But I can tell you that my mouse-hand is severely cramped as I perused all 49 pages... I couldn't help myself, I was entranced in a Bohemian high of epic proportions my Friends! *LOL*  I was like a deer caught in the headlights, I couldn't stop staring... and saving images like a mad woman! *smiles*  I just HAD to share some with you, I hope you were sitting down so you don't swoon yourself to the floor and drop like a rock?!  You can color me speechless... these are images I dream about... purchase decorating books and magazines to pour over... and attempt to replicate the ambiance of and receive inspiration from for our own Bohemian abode!  I have very eclectic tastes to be sure, but the vast majority are Boheme' inspired and my ideal surroundings would be akin to the likes of Image #1 ... or image #_____________... okay, though #1 definitely is ME TO A TEE... and my personal Altars resemble image #3... it's not as if I wouldn't be in Bohemian Valhalla should any room of the house look like any of these rooms my Friends!!! *wink*  These are the types of images that put me in creative overload! *smiles* That Lace Bedroom Grotto for example, now I'm totally inspired and jonesin' to create a Bedspread like that out of old Lace Doilies I have a huge stash of!!!  And I truly Hope you enjoyed the visuals as much as I have tonight?  Now I've gotta go soak and massage my poor sore mouse-moving-hand... thankfully I have an acupuncture session this week so that the claw can be manipulated back to look like a hand *LOL*... Bohemian Blessings and Love... Dawn... The Bohemian


I'm linking with FADED CHARM for White Wednesday, please come join us and see all the White Delights!

12 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Ohhhh I lovvvve thisd photos so mutch!!!!
    Thanks för you show them!!!!
    Kathrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is like living in another world!
    love the decadente, bohemian, gipsy, boudoir looks of it all!
    gorgeous images! very inspiring!
    take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, Wow, I'm speechless. I do have to say that image #29, the outdoor one with the white windows, is from my favorite garden designer Suzanne Hudson out of Georgia. You can see more of her gorgeous home here: http://taradillard.blogspot.com/2009/06/suzanne-hudsons-front-porch.html

    Thanks for the inspiration! You've made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, WOW, WOW Thank you for sharing, Dawn. They are all so amazing!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy guacamole!! This is seriously so yummy I want to lick my screen!! The white bedroom with the lacy canopy is one of the most beautiful bedrooms I've ever seen! Needless to say I've saved about half of these images to my favorites *winks* Talk about Bohemian Splendor!! I also happily noticed that I have a few of the things in the pictures. I have a lamp very similar to Robin's in her bedroom. I also have a nearly exact white french iron daybed...I never woulda thunk to load it up with darker heavier tapestries and kilims but it looks amazing!! I also have a couple of net lace bedspreads that I never thought of using as curtains. So much inspiration! Thanks for sharing this my friend! I think I'm going to make up a secret beauty award and you'll get the first one!*winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn I gave you and Interior Alchemy a shout out. I hope you don't mind? Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bathtub in the bedroom right by the fireplace. All the pictures are lovely thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, some really amazing inspiration here! So, many beautiful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I saw your blog on Vanna's and had to click over to visit. This is a gorgeous collection of photos. Just amazing images- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to see some of my sourced images here! they were scanned from old books and magazines i have collected over the years and put on tumblr so it was a surprise to see them on your page! It's a small internet world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful surprise to find your post here, as Interior Alchemy is my Tumblr blog! Thank you so much, and I'm so pleased you love the images too. Many are reblogs from Tumblr, of course, but also a great number come from the scrapbooks of pictures I've saved over the years!

    ReplyDelete

A life touched by God always ends in touching others. - Erwin McManus

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. - Og Mandino (1923-1996)

For creativity to flourish one should try to look at everything as though it were being seen for the first or the last time. - Quote from "A Thousand Paths To Creativity" by David Baird

Is what I'm about to say an improvement on silence? ~ Galen Pearl